Hi everyone, I just recently bought a blackberry pearl from T-Mobile and bought a sandisk ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Auron no está en línea Stack level 1

Ringtone/Media Card question

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I just recently bought a blackberry pearl from T-Mobile and bought a sandisk 2gb media card for it. The media card works well enough, plays music and views pictures but when I try to use a ringtone off of the media card it only plays like...10 seconds of the song. At first I thought it was just the song and tried a new song but the problem stayed. However the ringtones I have stored on the device memory play for the whole length (30 secs roughly). I was wondering if anyone knew why this was happening or if there is a way to fix it. Thank in advance for any help you can offer

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

Re: Ringtone/Media Card question

hmmm i have the same setup and dont have that problem... have you tried pasting a ringer from the card to the phone to see if it plays longer that way?
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Are your device settings set on Vibrate & Tone? If so, its probably going to voicemail before it is done playing the ringtone.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    Are your device settings set on Vibrate & Tone? If so, its probably going to voicemail before it is done playing the ringtone.
    Sounds like the problem to me maybe you're setup with 3 vibes and then tone. Voicemail picking it up before you hear it

Auron no está en línea Stack level 1

I was trying to use the tone for messages so the voicemail shouldn't be a problem

time2sms no está en línea Stack level 1

Don't feel too bad, Auron, because you're not the only one. I don't believe it has anything to do with vibrate+tone settings. For some reason, if the piece of music is coming from the media card, the phone only wants to play the first 10, maybe 15 seconds...waits a second or two then replays those same 10-15 seconds. If it simply comes from the device's own memory, it plays the ringtone until either it truly ends or voicemail stops it.
    Since the media card is suggested to hold entire songs, I believe the BB thinks it's been asked to use a whole song as a ringtone, therefore is programmed to play only the beginning of that song. But I'm still trying to find the answer and I'll let you know...if and when I do.