Is it me or can not you hear the entire song that you have saved ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mreric8377 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC273C

ringtone length

Advertisement

Is it me or can not you hear the entire song that you have saved as your tone(messages alerts and alarms) when using the memory card? I notice that ringtones will play the full length only if saved on the device memory. But when I saved them on the memory card they only play for 30 seconds. Anybody else having this problem?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: ringtone length

I was wondering the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

GP

PIN/ID
    23EC273C

If you save the full song on your phone it will play (which is not all that unreasonable of a request) BUT I dont have enough memory on the phone itself to save the amount of full songs I want.
    It's not a phone!!!!!!!! It's a teleportation device that takes me FAR, FAR away from YOU!!!!! Now LEAVE!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If you are using it as a Ringtone, it will only play for thirty seconds. If it is just for listening, it should play the whole song. I don't know if it has to do with which folder it is in though.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23EC273C

With the ringtone issue of 30seconds I am fine. But the thing that I dont get is when you get a sms or email and it only play for 30 seconds if linked to the memory card but if that song is on the phone it will play the whole 5 minutes. I want the songs for my messages and alerts to play longer because sometimes its just not loud enough(and the intro to a song is usually in the first 30 secs so its not that loud). When it plays for a long length I can respond to messages I would have otherwise not known about.
    It's not a phone!!!!!!!! It's a teleportation device that takes me FAR, FAR away from YOU!!!!! Now LEAVE!!

Mi|enko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D1276

Yeah. The alarm thing kind of bugs me. I don't know about any of you, but my BB is the only thing I trust to wake me up in the morning. Just bugs me that I go through the trouble of putting a gig of mp3s on it, and for the alarm it will only play 30 seconds. Here's a question that's a little off topic though. . . anybody know if there's a way to possibly randomize ringtones? I don't really care if everybody has their own tone, but I think it would be cool to play a different song every time it rings.

PIN/ID
    23EC273C

If you find that program, please let me know. I would be willing to pay money for that. I learned to make use of the 30 seconds on my alarm by finding a song with high notes (things like that disturb my sleep INSTANTLY).

silverxj no está en línea Stack level 2

If the 30 second thing bothers you because most songs start off kinda slow and soft.
    You can simply use a mp3 program to cut of as much of the beginning or end of the song as you would like.
    That way the song will start of at a better spot. Works especially good for the alarm clock.

~John

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

So there is no way to make the whole song play as a ringtone even with a sd card(2 gb)?

GP

Togapiggy no está en línea Stack level 2

finaly...other people that this bothers....i started a thread just like this months ago...and it looks like noone has come up with a solution. i did find an alarm app on handango but it wont load on my phone and here i thought i found a solution

Auron no está en línea Stack level 1

Atleast I'm not alone on this...don't make sense for them not to lt you play the whole song for a message or alarm...