I think this issue may have been covered already, but i find it very hard ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bridger no está en línea Stack level 2

Ringer stops when touch the trackball

Advertisement

I think this issue may have been covered already, but i find it very hard to get calls on my Pearl. As soon as anything in my holster or pocket touches the trackball, the phone stops ringing. When I take it out and put it on a table to test it the following happens: If I touch the trackball as soon as the ringer activates, the ringer stops, but then it seems to recycle after a few seconds, it's just that by the time it gets back to another ringer cycle , it goes to voice mail and so i never hear it if it's in pocket or holster.
    I saw somewhere that Rogers has a patch fro this problem, but when i go to the Rogers download site, here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_carrier.html

there is no listing of any upgrade for the Pearl.
    Does anyone know of a way to cantact RIM to see if they are aware of this problem and if there is a fix coming. Surely as customers , we have some rights to get this compnay to at least acknowledge the the problem and get a fix for it.
    I don't know about T-Mo, but Rogers will not just take this phone back and give you something else. I'd hate to think that i have blown $300 CDN on this for nothing. I mean I love the unit, it does everything I need except function as a phone, which when you get right down to it , is the main reason i bought it!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    There is a upgrade for the os you are most likely using .42 os, any upgrade has addressed this issue. On this site do a search for "new os" its from telefonica but everyone here says it does alot. its labeled "at own risk". Happy Hunting.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Here is the new link to the Rogers Downloads page. Select Software in the pulldown menu.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Or just go to the nearest Rogers store. They should upgrade the software for you on the spot and make sure it works. That's what they get paid for. Helping people like you.

rudolph sche no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df36e3
    Thanks for the info!!!

bridger no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks for the info, worked great!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is only IF you believe the silenced ringing is actually a problem.

I, contrary to most, prefer that the ringer be silenced when I roll the ball.

The history here is that all BlackBerry devices before the Pearl have the trackwheel, and when the wheel is spun/rolled even one click, the ringer would cease.

Now, with the Pearl, there is no way at all to turn the damned ringing off!!!

Because, when "Ignore" is pressed, and some caller obtains the fast busy signal (no voicemail), the caller will keep on calling!!! So damn annoying! And there is no way to NOT answer AND silence the ringer.

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE
    The mute botton on the top of the phone now seems to work properly with the latest o/s v.67

sayh0y no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204af577
    yes the mute button does work. very useful

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah, I read that a couple days ago. But when I pressed the mute button it was just like the ball, 2 seconds later it started ringing again! Then I pressed it again, holding it a bit longer, and then the Pearl shut off!

So lame.

But this really is only a problem at night, when at home and I've actually got the ringer turned on. During the day, at work, it's set on vibrate. And it can vibrate away all day long for all I care (and it does!).

Just like the 7130g, I find the top side "mute" button just slightly useless. Except now with the Pearl, the ! doesn't mute a phone call either.

Oh well....