Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Xalam I would like to know if anyone knows of a way ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Ringer Silence...?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Xalam
    I would like to know if anyone knows of a way to accomplish the initial situation. If no one knows of a way, then fine. It would just be great if someone did know of a way to keep the ringer on the phone from silencing when a button is accidentily pushed while on your person.
    and the answer has been given...numerous times...

a case with the sleeper function. when the phone is asleep, it WILL NOT silence the ring, even if you WANT to by pushign buttons.

just ask HyperM3 (but do so empathetically), who is trying to accomplish the exact opposite (he wants to SILENCE the ringer while it's asleep by pushing buttons, but is upset that he can't).

Xalam, see post #6 above from me. the answer was given to you, but you fail to accept it as expressed in your post #7.

What is your reasoning that it does not work? Do you even have a sleeper case to PROVE it does not work?

I have a sleeper case...short of slamming the phone into the ground or throwing it into a toilet, it will not stop ringing or vibrating when asleep.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Lets all just step back and take a breath. The questions asked and answered are legit questions. Its Friday people, lets not start the weekend being rude to each other.

Xalam no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyway...., does anyone else know the answer to the intial question. It is a valid question. Many people are asking.

And yes, I do have a sleeper case....As previously stated in post 7.

and if you have a sleeper case, then why is it that i can't silence the ring when the phone is sleeping but you can?

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    and if you have a sleeper case, then why is it that i can't silence the ring when the phone is sleeping but you can?
    Why do you care if above you stated that its something I need to live with? Oh and by the way, your trickery of taking it out of the clip and putting it back in or hitting buttons still doesnt shut up the ringer for me?

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Why do you care if above you stated that its something I need to live with? Oh and by the way, your trickery of taking it out of the clip and putting it back in or hitting buttons still doesnt shut up the ringer for me?

Alex
    Xalam does NOT WANT to silence the phone when it rings by pushing the buttons. In his case, my phone does EXACTLY that while it's sleeping...it DOES NOT SILENCE the rings when it is sleeping, and therefore the solution to his problem would be to put the phone to sleep...so it does NOT silence the rings when he accidentally hits buttons.

you want to do the exact opposite...you want to SILENCE the rings while it is sleeping, which does not seem possible without awaking it.

As for my "trickery", when you pop it out, do you pop it out far enough for it to wake? I usually pop it out...so the bottom leaves the case, then push it back in...far enough that it wakes because as soon as it wakes, it stops ringing.

Empathetic enough answer for you?

Xalam, another thing i just noticed.

Are you using an 8100? Because this section is for 8100 users...if you're on a 7100, then my solution with the sleeper case may or may not apply to you since i'm basing everything how the 8100 acts.

try asking in the 71xx area...they may have better answers for you.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    As for my "trickery", when you pop it out, do you pop it out far enough for it to wake? I usually pop it out...so the bottom leaves the case, then push it back in...far enough that it wakes because as soon as it wakes, it stops ringing.

Empathetic enough answer for you?
    I understand HIS problem is not the same as mine. Yes, Ive been popping my phone as far out as possible and then clicking it back in or hitting buttons. Still no ring stop. Oh well, guess Ill just deal till the s/w update.

Youre still cynical though.

Alex

if you pop the phone out and even hit buttons, yet it won't stop ringing, then how do you answer calls?

My previous 7130c stops ringing when i "wake" it, my 8100 with tmo OS stops ringing when i "wake" it, and my 8100 with rogers OS stops ringing when i "wake" it.

If it's not working for you, then something is either wrong with your phone or it's a problem contributed to "user error".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12