Since I just moved to my 8100 from a SLVR, Im trying to use my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cefoskey no está en línea Stack level 1

Ringer playback length problems

Advertisement

Since I just moved to my 8100 from a SLVR, Im trying to use my old ringers. I have a ~30s wav file I made for a ringer that would play just fine on the SLVR.

Ive got the wav file on my card, and have accessed it just fine on the blackberry. My problem is that the ringer only plays for less than 5 seconds when the phone rings (and I have it set to vibrate+tone) before cycling through the vibrate process again.

My question is: why is the wav ringer beingcut off, and can it be set?

Secondly, is there any way to set the vibrate+tone ringer to actually act like it did on my SLVR? On that phone (and most phones ive owned), it will vibrate a set number of times and then just ring until the voicemail picks up. I do not like how the blackberry vibrates, rings for a couple seconds, then vibrates again etc. until voicemail. If I didnt feel the vibrate after the initial 3 vibrates, then its not on my person and I just want it to ring.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Ringer playback length problems

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    1) Change the .wav file to a .mp3. If you don't already have Audacity then google Audacity Sourceforge and get it. You'll need to also get lame_enc.dll from the site.

2) In your Profiles change the number of vibrations to 1.

cefoskey no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Ringer playback length problems

thanks!