Is there any way to change the length of the ringer on the Blackberry 8100. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Ringer Length on 8100

Advertisement

Is there any way to change the length of the ringer on the Blackberry 8100. I have a ringtone that is exactly 30 seconds long and it only rings for about 20 seconds. Can that be changed by the user. Also why does it stop ringing when you remove it from the hoster. Thanks for any help.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Ringer Length on 8100

Shadow, I'm not sure on the ringer length, but if you open your phone application and go to Options/General Options, if you change Auto Answer Calls to Never from Out of Holster, that should take care of 1 problem for you.

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ that's a really good question, I have the same problem, I have an mp3 ringtone and it hardly plays it and then stops and btw same goes for the alarm - never plays long enough...
    Any help would be much appreciated!

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Haven't figured out the alarm setting (I don't think there's a way to set it longer) but I thought I heard somewhere that you can call customer care and they actually might lengthen the ring time....just speculation. =X

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Customer care can change how long until your phone picks up (as the normal lenth is 25 seconds.) but for how long your ringer plays before it loops, I don't know of any setting! Good luck!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Io
    Io no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: Ringer Length on 8100

I just got off the phone with Cingular. They told me the longest they could make my ringer was 25 seconds. Any longer and it would start to cost me minutes. But even if that didn't matter, they still could only make it 25 seconds.
    Hope that helps.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Cingular can extend the ring time to 60 seconds with no problem (I have had to do this for many of my older customers who simply don't hear the phone soon enough to grab it otherwise). They are correct as to all calls now costing you since it goes beyond the 30 second standard they use. As to the length of the actual ringtone on the phone itself, was it a ringtone you created or downloaded?

Zo.