Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Don't worry I'm the same way. Blackberries never Appealed to me until the pearl. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ceverhart no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D0514

Re: Ringer doesn't work in your pocket!

Advertisement

Don't worry I'm the same way. Blackberries never Appealed to me until the pearl. The main attraction was the size followed by all the features. I like having s small phone with all the features of an oversized pda in my pocket. Not on my hip

cw6345 no está en línea Stack level 1

Can anyone update me on this?
    Is the ringer still silenced by a slight movement on the trackball?
    cw

- oops, should have read all the threads : Sorry!! [you can tell i'm a beginner]

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I think as long as you have the .64 OS, the issue is no longer a problem.

simplexity no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

have u tried d-loading the new os? as soon as i put the new os on my pearl, that stopped happening. including that new auto-dimmer thing (grrrrrrrrr)
    ..::simpLexity::..

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Yeah auto dimmer isn't so hot. But I'd rather have that than the phone not ringing in my pocket. Thats where my pearl spends most of it's time anyways.

8aBlackBearE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E93134

Uh, I just called myself and moved the trackball all willy nilly and the sucker kept ringing! So I don't know what yall are talking about? Wonder why mine still rings? Also, keylock does lock the trackball unless you click it, then it just prompts you to unlock. Or, put the phone on standby when its in your pocket, it locks everything but will still alert you of calls and messages
    I'm your huckleberry

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Its the os I am on .64 and it was fixed, I think the os I had the problem with was .42? going from memory.
    try upgrading your os and all will be fine.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

YES my pearl has stopped ringing when taking out of pocket or holster .I have the original holster so i'll try the upside down trick .So it really wasn't me!! I'll cancel my basket weaving course!

peter13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Ringer doesn't work in your pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by jlesh View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Have you tried keyboard lock?
    Well, lets see...... I don't have that problem. You can use my trackball all you want while it's ringing and it does nothing. that being said what does turn the ringer off is if you touch the volume up or down button while getting it out of a case or pocket which i do fine a pain if someone know how to stop this please let me know.

Thanks, Peter

NickHex81 no está en línea Stack level 3

OH WELL, call them back!

John-holley no está en línea Stack level 1

Been trying to follow this thread for a while, and I'm going to be honest. Between the mudslinging and OS features, and the anti-pearl ringing comments , mixed in with a few quotes. Wow -- you all are some dedicated users. And by dedicated, I slightly use the word aggressive.

1) A blackberry in a holster -- He was right, Female REPELLANT -- |\|3|2|) attractive (it says nerd... just in case).

2) I have never had a problem with my trackball ruining my following phone calls, I've had my BB P.8100 for a month or so now,and absolutley love it. The volume buttons do wonders for screening calls I don't want to deal with (being a full time college student that means about 85% of all calls). I found a piece of code/firmware out on the net somewhere that will disable all buttons on your Pearl for incoming calls except the green/red... I find it useful, so when I do pull it out of my pocket (anti-holster here) I don't accidently drop my GF or my business associates. I will try to post again with that piece of code.

3) To the writers of the BB OS .... an amazing team is working on a great product IMHO. Keep up the good work, you make forums like these interesting and more productive.

4) I hope this rant added something to the conversation, if not, please delete and forget I said anything.
    The Power of Research is Limitless

Always Vigilant

--Radio

BusyME no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C7A695

Quote Originally Posted by peter13 View Post
    Well, lets see...... I don't have that problem. You can use my trackball all you want while it's ringing and it does nothing. that being said what does turn the ringer off is if you touch the volume up or down button while getting it out of a case or pocket which i do fine a pain if someone know how to stop this please let me know.

Thanks, Peter
    This thread was last posted to in June 06 . . . I'm fairly certain it's safe to assume that a 'pearl fix' has, by this time, been released.

Do you carry your phone in a case or nekkid in your pocket?

keebler no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got me holster free from tmobile and I don't have this problem so if I were u I would buy 1 or sit there and just be annoyed by ur problem.

mr_spooky no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by yusyas View Post
    that's strange i have rogers os and when i tried calling myself while ringing i moved the trackball it silenced the ringer for half a second and then started ringing again.
    yup, thats what mine does. it doesn't totally mute the call for good, it does it for a bit and then starts ringing again...
    i found as well, if you move it really slowly and gently it doesn't do it... they might of done it for a reason??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234