Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by pentace Well here is a thought... DON'T put it in your pocket. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Ringer doesn't work in your pocket!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    Well here is a thought... DON'T put it in your pocket. That is the number one cause to damaged cell phones.. if you pay for something take care of it.
    For someone who is a long time poster you sure come across rude. My guess is you are one of the BlackBerry diehards who thinks that a BlackBerry not in a holster isn't a BlackBerry at all. Am I right?

A huge percentage of the public keeps their phones in their pockets, and manages to not damage them. I have never broken a phone in over 10 years of cell phones, and I've always kept them in my pocket.

If you have nothing useful to add, don't bother posting.

mothwingdust no está en línea Stack level 2

I just received my 8100 yesterday and love it, but did send off an email to RIM regarding the trackball issue. It was a very courteous email and I stated that I loved the Pearl, but gently let them know that the Rogers update fixes this issue and that it would be greatly appreciated if an update for us T-Mo users was released (I can't imagine it would require much more than programming in the relevant WAP and network info, branding, other "little" stuff since they've already seemed to have an OS that fixes the problem.) Having worked in CS for quite a long time, I've come to realise the "nice" emails get looked at and forwarded, while the nasty ones tend to, how shall we say....get deleted instantly.

I bought the T-Mo 8100 holster today and I'm going to give it a few days to see how much of an "issue" this causes me, but I'm currently downloading the Rogers update just in case.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mothwingdust, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Mustaka no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Ringer doesn't work in your pocket!

if you put it on vibrate and tone, i have found that it rings and vibrates until i attempt to take it out of my pocket. this is nice if you are just trying to answer your phone descretely; however, if you are trying to show off the phone with the mp3 ringtone, you might want to pull it out of your pocket more carefully. this trackball has not caused me to miss a single call yet so i am not sure why it seems so annoying.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Mustaka, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for including your experience with the Pearl.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

mikedillin no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anybody had this problem with the ringer and got the same problem without the pearl being touched?
    I have tested it and mine just stops rining until i reset it by removing the battery.
    Please try this. After you miss a call because of the "pearl being touched slightly" call the person back and ask them to ring you up again. Hold the phone in your hand and wait.
    If your problem is like mine your display will show the call however it will not ring.
    I am so sad...

JiveRobot no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by icepulse
    You're gonna want that holster, anyway. It's a big part of what makes the Blackberry cool. Get an email chime? pull out of holster and it will automatically open the email. Phone ringing? You can set it to answer automatically when you remove it from the holster.
    I am sorry, but many of us bought this phone for its sleekness and style, while still keeping its functionality. Don't you think its thin, light, and small for a reason? If it is on your beltloop who cares what size it is... as long as its not a Zach Morris phone.

Nothing says nerd (not necessarily a bad thing) more than a phone on a holster.... guaranteed female repellent.

On the other hand you will definitely look "cool" to gadget/tech geeks like me when you whip it out of the holster and the email automatically opens.

Depends on what you are going for I guess.

pinkcess no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mothwingdust
    I just received my 8100 yesterday and love it, but did send off an email to RIM regarding the trackball issue. It was a very courteous email and I stated that I loved the Pearl, but gently let them know that the Rogers update fixes this issue and that it would be greatly appreciated if an update for us T-Mo users was released (I can't imagine it would require much more than programming in the relevant WAP and network info, branding, other "little" stuff since they've already seemed to have an OS that fixes the problem.) Having worked in CS for quite a long time, I've come to realise the "nice" emails get looked at and forwarded, while the nasty ones tend to, how shall we say....get deleted instantly.

I bought the T-Mo 8100 holster today and I'm going to give it a few days to see how much of an "issue" this causes me, but I'm currently downloading the Rogers update just in case.
    Where can I get this Rogers update? And how do I install it?

BTW, where can i get the software to sync up to my comp? I bought mine off of someone who didn't include it in my package! :cry:

Thanks
    pinkcess

soundspeed no está en línea Stack level 1

Here's the thing, I have a Rogers Pearl with SW version 4.2.0.51 which is the latest version everyone is talking about, if I touch the pearl at all when it's ringing, the ringer shuts off. Everone keeps saying that this SW version fixes this problem, it doesn't. What gives.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

pinkcess, Welcome to PinStack.

You Can find the links to the different carrier OS downloads in this thread, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier). And for downloading Desktop Manager, go to the BlackBerry Desktop Software site.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

originalKT no está en línea Stack level 1

The response about not putting it in your pocket was vapid. Mine won't ring lying flat face-up on a table (even though it worked properly for a week). All the settings in the profile are correct and it should be ringing. In addition, when making an outgoing call, there is no sound at all when it is trying to connect: suddenly either someone answers or a voicemail engages.

This is a serious problem with a new device and should not be dismissed with a snide comment about not putting a mobile phone in your pocket. Would you say the same thing if your car keys would not work after being in your pocket?

yusyas no está en línea Stack level 1
    that's strange i have rogers os and when i tried calling myself while ringing i moved the trackball it silenced the ringer for half a second and then started ringing again.

WhaWhaWha no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by soundspeed
    Here's the thing, I have a Rogers Pearl with SW version 4.2.0.51 which is the latest version everyone is talking about, if I touch the pearl at all when it's ringing, the ringer shuts off. Everone keeps saying that this SW version fixes this problem, it doesn't. What gives.
    T-Mobiles latest revision 4.2.0.64 fixes the problem very nicely.
    If it aint broke it aint worth Rimming

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

i miss so many call with this pearl it isn't funny, and it is because of this very issue
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

My month-old Cingular Pearl does not have this track ball issue. It would appear RIM has resolved the problems for those of us who prefer to carry our phones in pockets.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast