Is it just me or, when your pearl rings it takes a few moments before ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

strangr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2052abf9

Ring tone lag...

Advertisement

Is it just me or, when your pearl rings it takes a few moments before the tone actually rings.

I have mine set to the standard ringer and on the callers end it rings for 10 seconds before it rings on my end. Sometimes more. My phone vibrates for a few more moments and will ring (sound) once then go to voicemail.

Is there a setting to adjust.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Ring tone lag...

Yeah, it does that. I don't think there is any setting you can change. correct me if I am wrong fellow stackers. Welcome to the stacks strangr! If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

GotPearl?

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Well there's a couple of options you could try.
    1) Change from vibrate+tone to just tone and then it should ring right away.
    2) If you want it to vibrate you can change the number of times it vibrates before it rings which would then make it ring sooner.

All of this can be done by editing your profiles.
    From the menu select profile. Scroll down and select Advanced. Highlight the profile you want to edit, press menu and choose edit and scroll down/select Phone. Here you can make your adjustments on Out of Holster and In Holster options.

I hope that helps.

strangr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2052abf9

works a treat thanks joeperrin212

charm500 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by joeperrin212
    Well there's a couple of options you could try.
    1) Change from vibrate+tone to just tone and then it should ring right away.
    2) If you want it to vibrate you can change the number of times it vibrates before it rings which would then make it ring sooner.

All of this can be done by editing your profiles.
    From the menu select profile. Scroll down and select Advanced. Highlight the profile you want to edit, press menu and choose edit and scroll down/select Phone. Here you can make your adjustments on Out of Holster and In Holster options.

I hope that helps.
    I'm a new owner of the Pearl, and coming off the Motorola Razr, I'm used to having the ring and vibrate going on at the same time throughout the incoming call. When I'm out and about with the phone in my pocket I need the vibrate and ring going on together to alert me, just a habit I've grown accustomed to. Is it possible to set the profile to vibrate and ring at the same time, so that it's doing both throughout the incoming call?

Any help is appreciated!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

I don't think it's possible sadly, i would like it to ring AND vibrate at the same time too. But the Pearl will only vibrate and THEN ring. Lame but oh well.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

charm500, Welcome to PinStack.

As said, unless RIM changes this in a future OS version, it will vibrate then ring when set to both.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles