I am new to the Blackberry world and used a HTC P4000 before which sucks ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

data27 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ring and Vibrate feature

Advertisement

I am new to the Blackberry world and used a HTC P4000 before which sucks but so far I am pleased with the Pearl.

I have tried to set my phone on ring and vibrate when calls are received but the phone only vibrates and does not ring. Is this a defect or is this even a feature where you can have the phone ring and vibrate at the same time?

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's a feature. Go to profiles>scroll to the bottom where it says advanced >click trackball on the profile you want to use>scroll to phone and click on the field that says vibrate and it will give you choices. choose vibrate and tone. Hope this helps

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    By the way, updating your profile with which device you have will be a big help.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Additionally: if you are using a OEM style holster there is a "in holster" option for each profile too. The default on them seem to be mostly vibrate functions.
    to set them to ring and vibrate do the same as what RAYZ suggests for those portions of the profile.

regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

had same problem

even when u set it to vib n ring it vibrates first and then it rings for some reason it doesnt do both exactly at the same time like other phones and this is for my 8100.if u set it to ring it will ring right away as u receive a call but on both it takes a while to ring until after it stops vibrating!i know kinda sucks but hopefuly this will be resolved with 4.5!hope this helps

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah I was weirded out too about that. But eventually I thought it was great because its like I have a sixth sense whenever I receive a phone call or message. Before it even makes a sound, I can feel the vibration and can pick up the phone right away which now weirded out my friends coz they don't know how in the world I'd know in advance that I was receiving something.

Maybe RIM can add the ring + vibrate at (the same time) but keep the vibrate then ring.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

data27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the valuable input I will try what you all suggested on my phone. I will also update my profile here as well.