Anyone else sort of irritated with the vibe X amount of times that you set ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

matty2013 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ring and vibrate

Advertisement

Anyone else sort of irritated with the vibe X amount of times that you set and then ring after? I thought that it would be like every other phone where it vibrates and rings at the same time. Not too impressed with that.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Ring and vibrate

Not every other phone does that. My old Razr Vibrated first, then rang, when set to Vibe & Tone. Just different.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

stakka no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah at first it bothered me but now i aint really trippin off it..

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

no biggie for me either. i just set the profile to vibe while in the holster and ring out of the holster.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I have actually really gotten used to this and don't know if I would like to go back. At first, I was like you and complained and hated it, but then I found that I could grab the phone before it annoyed everyone around me and answer it without alerting others to the fact that I am taking a call. I also work supot and am in and out of a clean room nvironment, so sometimes I can't get immediately to the phone. I have it set to vibrate a certain number of times for phone (1), email/sms (2) for BB messenger (3) before it then rings, and this means that if I get one vibrate I have to get the phone as it is super important, if more than 1 vibration I can read at a later time as e-mail isn't as important as receiving my calls, and this works the same when at my desk when the phone is setting in front of me (as I am sensitive to the vibrate and catch it quickly). This all said, I would like to also have the other option to vibrate and ring at the same time (I think this should be added as a selection in addtion to the current options).

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

i like the number of vibes = how important it is! im gonna steal that!
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

Enjoy, but you are not really stealing as that is what it was designed for by the RIM engineers, not something that I came up with. I just think some don't think of that usefulness or use it for that purpose as they have never had that ability on other devices. Just a hint, you can do what fits you best, but I use the above mentioned options as that also gives the longest ring tone time availabilty (as the vibe takes away from the ring time availabilty before going to voicemail.

These are just some of the great little shortcuts that RIM has deigned into their devices and the reason that the more I figure out the more I really like these devices more and more (such as the ALT + letter to dial numbers such as 1-800-gofedex, I love these little polishes to the product).

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I agree with you completely squeakr. However, I am probably like a lot of BB users in that, while I understand a lot of the possibilities with these phones, I don't have a lot of time to sit down and figure out different ways to customize.

So I really appreciate it when Stackers post their ideas and things they have done. Gives some of us with limited time great ideas.

Thanks for sharing yours.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Thanks for all the kind words. This is a great community and I try to help out as I have gotten so much from it. When I can throw out these little tidbits I hope it gives some some ideas and maybe sparks more in my head, as I a new to the BB scene (a little over a month with the device) and am still learning from day to day.

I can appreciate the lack of time. As though I am raising a family and working alot, I am a tech by heart and have lots of time foregone sleep to continue reading on new tech and scouring for answers to my burning q's.
    Last edited by squeakr; 07-28-2007 at 07:34 PM.