I have tried to setup the push weather for my 8100 pearl. I have it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Rim Push Weather and 8100

Advertisement

I have tried to setup the push weather for my 8100 pearl. I have it set to be added to the browser channels...

However my 8100 does not have a browser channel folder in the blackberry browser....

I have

tzones links
    web links
    t-zones
    Blackberry Bookmarks.

I have waited over the 12 hour period for the push content and nothing ever came or showed up.

i also have no icon in the menu list on my 8100.

Anyone get this to work with accuweather or weather?

I would love to get this to work.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Rim Push Weather and 8100

Krad, sometimes it takes more than 12 hours for the push content to be received initially. Also, there are some days, I don't get the weather pushed at all for some reason. Come to think of it, I haven't received pushed weather in the last 2-3 days. You can go to Mobile.Blackberry.com from your browser and open Push Services. it will show whether or not you are currently subscribed to both of the services.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I would suggest using something else for your weather. Accuweather will send you an email forcast, and normally local news stations will as well.

You can use your web browser, or use a program like Pocket Day, The Weather Chanel App or Weather Bug.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I really like BB Weather. It is an app and is updated every few minutes, and you can update it whenever you choose.

pilotgeg no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there any weather program that shows the weather on the phone's home screen?

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pilotgeg, I don't know of any program that will show local weather on the home screen, however, PocketDay is a program that will show your local weather on its main screen when you open it. You can also set it up to update at various intervals. It is not free, but you can download a free 30-day trial at www.crossriversystems.com. Give it a try. It may be the closest thing to what you are loking for and has a ton of other useful features. It basically provides a summary of all the basic apps on your BB such as Call Log, Messages, Calendar, Tasks, as well as other built-in features such as weather, stock ticker, Google search. Sports scores and others.

tahikib no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a BB Pearl and I can not get BBWeather to work at all. When I first installed it the code for me weather area didn't work.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Bbweather worked fine for me by just using my zip code. Just a thought.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

http://cell.srh.weather.gov on your blackberry.

Best to get it straight from it's source, it's fast, efficient, and always available. Just bookmark the page after you input your zipcode the first time and you're good. I also have a bookmark for the above link for the fastest lookup when I am traveling.

Plus, since it's NOAA, you also have immediate access to tropical and marine forecasts, and more.