I recently purchased a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and when I plugged in the USB cable ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bacpoole no está en línea Stack level 1

Question RIM Mass Storage Device Driver Software

Advertisement

I recently purchased a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and when I plugged in the USB cable to connect it to my Notebook running Vista I was told that there was a compatibility problem and to contact RIM. The message I get is "Windows could not find driver software for your device."
    I have downloaded the latest Vista up-dates from Microsoft but that has not changed the message or got rid of the problem. The USB Composite Device and the BlackBerry Device are “Ready to use” but it is the RIM Mass Storage Device which has “failed”.
    I have not found the BlackBerry website particularly user friendly but I did identify that there were Desktop Software up-grades available and have downloaded v4.2 SP1 but when attempting to download v 4.2 SP2 (English) of 231.959Mb I was told this would take 10 to 12 hours so I stopped there.
    Firstly, will v 4.2 SP2 solve the problem?
    Secondly, if so, is it available on a CD to save having to download it and how do I obtain it?
    Thirdly, if not, what is the solution to my problem?
    Last edited by bacpoole; 11-08-2007 at 02:08 AM.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: RIM Mass Storage Device Driver Software

You can try to look here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._os_guide.html for your carriers software. and get the newest desktop manager. maybe it will help. Im sure Vista is able to do a backward compatile install using xp drivers. If that dont work try getting the new 4.3 DM maybe that will help.

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: RIM Mass Storage Device Driver Software

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Microsoft doesn't have the drivers. There is also DM software that is absent the Roxio Media Mgr, which should reduce the download, significantly.