Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

UMA is not that big of a battery drainer. Talking on the phone, using BlueTooth, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

UMA is not that big of a battery drainer. Talking on the phone, using BlueTooth, etc are more likely to burn battery than UMA/WiFi. I have had my 8120 for just 2 days and have, for the first time, dropped to around 50% battery power. On my 8100 (no WiFi), I would be looking at a nearly dead battery right now. To combat the problem, I order extended batteries from www.seidioonline.com. I'm waiting for my 1250mAh for my 8120 to come now.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Then there is something wrong with your battery or your charging port, because my phone gets completely charged in about 30 mins. Something is not right.

I have wifi preferred on all the time and it never is run out in 5 hrs.

Les Armitage no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    UMA is not that big of a battery drainer. Talking on the phone, using BlueTooth, etc are more likely to burn battery than UMA/WiFi. I have had my 8120 for just 2 days and have, for the first time, dropped to around 50% battery power. On my 8100 (no WiFi), I would be looking at a nearly dead battery right now. To combat the problem, I order extended batteries from www.seidioonline.com. I'm waiting for my 1250mAh for my 8120 to come now.
    This battery at Seido. How have you done with it? is it better?

sharklover no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem and tmobile replaced my phone and new phone or battery fixed the problem.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Armitage View Post
    This battery at Seido. How have you done with it? is it better?
    I just got it today. I haven't put it in my 8120 yet. It's charging in my 8100. I have the following batteries and can go 2-3 days on a charge

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=658 1250mAh Slim Extended Battery

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=911 1500mAh Slim Extended Battery

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=622 2600mAh Extended Battery (big clunky battery LOL)

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    i have been using the 1250mah battery for like two months and the battery last way long then 900mah battery that comes with pearl.
    well worth buying.
    and now i use the 1500mah for 8330curve also great...
    Mike

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    As a test, I charged and used the battery from my 8100 in my 8120, and immediately saw the same battery life that I had previously seen. For me, it lasted about a day, I'd charge it every night but I did let Jivetalk and Bluetooth stay on. So now, I am trying the battery that came with the phone one more time. I am wondering if it wasn't connected all the way or something. I called TMO and they said they'll send a new battery ASAP if this one is bad. I guess we'll see shortly!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Bluetooth drains the battery much more than Wifi does. But if you are not using WIFI, turn it off, if you are not using Bluetooth, turn that off.

If you are not driving, then there is no need for bluetooth.

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    As an update, I have tried alternate batteries and alternate chargers. This same battery can last 2 days or 4 hours. The only commonality is it seems to drain really fast after a battery pull (not every time.) So, I have deduced that the battery needs to be pressed hard all the way in or the connection isn't tight and the battery drains fast. Other than that, I got nothing...

mega_boi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245B7FC0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It really seems as if the battery you got was a dud. You really should have T-Mobile replace your battery, free of charge of course.

Or buy that 1250 Mah extended battery from seido. That one seems pretty sweet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12