...I use Vonage home phone service and I have my home phone setup to ring ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RIMed no está en línea Stack level 2

Caller ID Problem

Advertisement

...I use Vonage home phone service and I have my home phone setup to ring my wife's cell phone (Motorola Razr) and my cell phone (8100) simultaneously when someone calls our home phone number (sort of like call forwarding) so we never miss calls. Now, on my wife's caller ID screen it shows the phone number for the person actually trying to call us. While on my phone, our home phone number is displayed making me think that every time a call is forwarded to our cell phones, I think someone from home (kids, wife) is trying to call me. Any thoughts on what might be causing this with the BB8100? I'm inclined to believe that since this issue does NOT occur on her Razr (I even tried a Treo 650 and it worked fine) but does on mine, that it is a BB issue or maybe there's some setting that needs to be set. A friend of mine also replicated this same issue. Thanks all!
    Last edited by RIMed; 10-19-2006 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Title Change...

sanjeevjoshi no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Riddle me this....

I agree this is how the BB works. Unclear if there is a workaround, I have looked.

darn... no workaround???

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

The BlackBerry can only display the number that the network gives it to display. Are your devices on the same network?

Quote Originally Posted by eatmypiano
    The BlackBerry can only display the number that the network gives it to display. Are your devices on the same network?
    yes, they are on the same network... this is a 100% bb issue.

reverendchip no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20ef0602

Re: Caller ID Problem

Quote Originally Posted by RIMed
    Any thoughts on what might be causing this with the BB8100? I'm inclined to believe that since this issue does NOT occur on her Razr (I even tried a Treo 650 and it worked fine) but does on mine, that it is a BB issue or maybe there's some setting that needs to be set. A friend of mine also replicated this same issue. Thanks all!
    I too have the same issue with my BB 8700g. My other phone and my wifes phone get the originating number of forwarded calls just fine. My BB sometimes displays my home number, and sometimes displays the originating number from forwarded calls.

I'll try tech support today & see if they have any ideas

USMCss no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had this same issue since early August. I have called tmo blackberry support many many times since then. I have had my work phone (lan line that calls are forwarding from) line reprogrammed in order to assure it is not something on that side. It was not. I then placed my sim card in my mothers motorola from tmobile, my wifes samsung from tmobile and my friends motorola from tmobile to test the caller id w/ forward incomming number to see if it displays correctly. The BB 8100 was the only phone that did not display the incomming call forwarded number correctly. All other phones displayed the correct forwarded number on each handset.
    I have now recieved a new 8100 (warranty) from tmobile and it is still doing the same thing (this week). There is obviously an issue with some of the programming for the phone. The people at blackberry support have no clue as to what to do to aleviate the problem.
    It is getting frustrating when a person calls my work number, the call gets forwarded to my 8100 and the caller ID displays my 8100's number, instead of the forwarded callers number....
    If any of you have experience with this issue and have found a solution, please let me know. I am looking into getting either the pearl 2 or the curve soon... but will not be able to do so if I cannot see and store the incomming (forwarded) callers number.
    -Erik

Update:
    I have called blackberry support again to see if they have a new release coming in the way of a update to the software. They do have one coming this month (December). They could not tell me weither this issue will be addressed though...
    Once again, anyone have experience with this issue?

penpenpenpen no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been seeing the same problem on my Pearl as of a week ago. It worked normally from the time I bought the phone in April 07 until then.

My landline voice service is with Comcast digital voice.

Forwarding to another Pearl user, and a new phone courtesy of TMo warranty showed the same problem. However, forwarding to other TMo phones (razr) or Cingular phones do show the correct caller number (ie the original caller, vs the forwarding number).

TMobile support has been a dead end.

It's good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Any word if this issue is due to a change to the voice provider's service (Comcast/ Vodaphone)? The issue came up at random without me making any changes to the phone.

If anyone has any news or makes any progress, please keep this thread updated!

Cheers

You are correct. Tmo is a dead end as there blackberry support team has no clue what could have caused this. I use qwest for my LAN line, so this is not the issue. I have had then kill my line and rebuild it with the same results. This seems to happen randomly with different users at different times. Yours has started recently. The first guy had issues 6+ month ago. Mine started in September after traveling back east. Have you flown on a plane since this has started happening? Have you traveled outside of your calling area?