I returned my 8130 at the end of the 30-day return period. Excellent phone, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

validation_guy no está en línea Stack level 1

Returned my Pearl 8130, waiting for the VW Curve

Advertisement

I returned my 8130 at the end of the 30-day return period. Excellent phone, I even took it on a two-week trip to China & Taiwan (plenty of CDMA coverage). I just couldn't get used the Suretype.

I've read all the posts here and elsewhere on the potential VW Curve. Does anyone have any credible info? I'm a step away from picking up the 8830 as a stop gap.

runner7395 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Returned my Pearl 8130, waiting for the VW Curve

i'm in the same boat. On my 3rd week with the pearl and not sure if i will keep it. I do love the phone but know I will love the curve more. I'm with Sprint, we know it's coming just not when. I hate to give up the pearl before the curve comes out, not sure what I will do yet.....i have the red one and i just love how it looks.

Pstone no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Returned my Pearl 8130, waiting for the VW Curve

I'm sure we'll get it sometime this summer. Verizon always likes to test the equipment longer to make sure everything is compatible with the network. Heck, look how many problems the other carriers had when they released the Pearl. Verizon released it much later and didn't really have any problems at all.
    You Motorboat'n SOB!

kungfuaddict no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was going to take my VZW Pearl back before my 30 day trial was up as well, but decided that considering VZW would be sending ME $50 rebate, and I had paid $0 for the device with my new every two I should LOVE my Pearl.

When the Curve comes out, which all sources are pointing to sometime after WES 2008, it will most likely cost around 150-200 even with a "new every two" upgrade discount and rebate.

So, meh, no qwerty - I was leary as everyone else was, but now I don't mind it at all.

vangorder no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I've got my "New Every Two" coming up next april. I'll keep my Pearl until then.
    You have two ears, two eyes, and one mouth;
    therefore, listen and observe twice as often as you speak.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    It seems from all the other posted rumours here and elsewhere April to June timeframe?? I'll be able to upgrade this month anyways.

dvst8ion no está en línea Stack level 3
    There was someone from RIM on the general page this morning that said that it will be out before the Sprint curve and it looks like that one comes out mid April. If that is accurate you should see it in the next couple weeks. I guess we will have to see what happens.
    Once you go Black(berry) you'll never go back!!!