trying to restore my BB after wiping it clean. every time i do, it getsstuck ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Restoring - Stuck on "Sending Phone Call Logs"

Advertisement

trying to restore my BB after wiping it clean.

every time i do, it getsstuck on "sending phone call logs." i tried waiting it out, but after 20 minutes, i decided to cancel. the button "cancel" would push, but it wouldn't actually close it. so i control-alt-deleted desktop manager to close it.

the phone was backed up to the point of the call logs, but nothing after that (on the list of what it was restoring). WHAT IS THE DEAL?!

is there anyway i can pick and choose what gets restored, so i can deselect call logs - since i don't need them...?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Restoring - Stuck on "Sending Phone Call Logs"

yes, you can... ^^ how are you on the install?

PIN/ID
    Retired

i eventually figured it out. thanks for responding cherrichiodo!

i had tried restoring that file 7 different times, getting stuck on the same spot, and wiping the bb each time after i cancelled it. i then wiped it again, and restored a backup i had from 4 days ago (i'm glad i backup a lot). since that worked, i figured i'd try the one from today again - and amazingly enough - it worked.

so i'm all good. thanks again though! i was thinking for a while there i wasn't gonna get any responses.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

In the future I would recommend using the Advanced feature and do a custom restore. You can select everything, except Phone Logs for restore.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinrich
    In the future I would recommend using the Advanced feature and do a custom restore. You can select everything, except Phone Logs for restore.
    I thought I could do that in advanced, but I couldn't find that option. It looked as if I could pick and choose things to backup, but not restore. I couldn't find the option to choose one of my backups I had saved earlier to restore through advanced...?