In the past I performed a backup before I wiped my handheld and was able ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BBG35 no está en línea Stack level 1

Restore my BBM Contacts

Advertisement

In the past I performed a backup before I wiped my handheld and was able to successfully restore my BBM contacts with the restore file...Unfortunately, this time the restore didnt restore my BBM contacts.

I tried to restore the BBM contacts by selecting Backup & Restore>Advanced and then selecting the Blackberry Messenger file in the "Desktop File Databases" section. BUT the arrow will not enable to allow me to transfer this file to the device!!!

Please help! This is driving me crazy!

Helmut no está en línea Stack level 2
    What Desktop Manager version are you using? When you select the "advanced" mode you have to select a backup file from the pull down menu in the left column and use the arrow to load it to the right column (which represents the device).

BBG35 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Dm: 4.3.0.17
    Tmo 8120: 4.3.0.115

"When you select the "advanced" mode you have to select a backup file from the pull down menu in the left column and use the arrow to load it to the right column (which represents the device)."

Answer: Yes, but the arrow does not highlight to allow me to transfer the "BBM" file to the device...The file doesnt appear to be empty as the column to the right shows 1.62K
    Last edited by BBG35; 07-01-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Helmut no está en línea Stack level 2
    I assume you tried a full restore as well. I have had trouble restoring BBM contacts in the past. You could also try to restore the "PIN messages" and see if that works. My other advice would be to delete the BBM application and reload it, (you have to reload it via DM not OTA) and then try the restore again. Do you have the corresponding device OS installed on your PC?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    I have the same situation. Even from Full backup the BlackBerry Messenger item doesn't come through.