So when they finally sent me the right phone last friday and i started using ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ez2remember no está en línea Stack level 1

restarting issue?

Advertisement

So when they finally sent me the right phone last friday and i started using it, it would randomly restart. It only did it once the first night i had it so i didn't think any thing of it. well i left for the week the next day and now it is constantly doing it. I ran the application loader on it and that still didn't help. i even switched batteries but still nothing. i should get home in time to do a buyers remorse on it but i was wondering if anybody had a way to fix it before i do that?

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    try installing the OS without the media card inserted?

if that fixes it, then you have to format your media card
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

hmm i will get right on that, does it make a difference if it is the same card i was using in my 8120?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Before jumping into a reinstall you might take the card out first and see if it is the actual problem. There is no reason to reinstall if it is just the card. Then just load card on PC and figure out which file it is. Probably a pic that is corrupt.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yep i definitely agree with moderncowboy go about it one baby step at a time. unless you dont mind the hassle and pain of reloading the whole OS

well i did what you said and it made it most of the day without restarting. i haven't even had the memory card in all day. This is the second time i have reloaded to OS and it's still doing it. thanks for the help, i was just hoping i could get it fixed before i got home to send it back. honestly the phone is only okay for me aside from the problems i've been having with it. I got it because i like to buy new phones when they come out but honestly i like my 8120 better, it's such a rock solid phone. the 8220 is a good phone but not my taste now that i've used it. i dont like to put cases on my phones and the outside screen looks good as long as you don't touch it. lol plus im scared im going to end up breaking it when i close it due to the sound it makes. maybe i will try the g1, but i know i will keep my 8120 for sure.

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had that happen to me...it happened several times and TMO swapped the phone for me (I was still within my 14 day "buyer's remorse" period so it was easy to do.) The sales rep at TMO said hers didn't do it. I will let you know if it happens with the new one...

machpatel no está en línea Awaiting email verification

Question 8220 pearl restarting....

My balckberry 8220 phone is constantly restarting it was working fine few hours ago but i don't know suddently it got switeched of and started restarting. I am facing this problem from last 10 hours.
    can anyone help me out. I am bit worried by this performace of the cell phone.

kyleresq no está en línea Stack level 3
    My new phone has done it also...maybe once every few days.

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA
    mine is doing that and now i am getting a java error 545....
    any solutions or should I buy a new phone?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Matt, if you are getting error codes you might try wiping and reinstalling the operating system. If you still have the reboot problem go to your carrier and ask to try a new battery. Usually its one of these two things and not the device itself.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.169 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106