Ok, i am having a seriously problem. I thought I'd give the stackers a shot ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3

Restarting 8120?

Advertisement

Ok, i am having a seriously problem. I thought I'd give the stackers a shot before i return this darn phone.

I got my brand new 8120 this afternoon after ordering it on Tuesday. The problem i am having is that if i am not constantly playing with it. it will reset itself continously until i begin using it again. Please help!
    Follow me on Twitter: summertyme98

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    did you put your media card in from your other bb?

its a known issue with the tmo 8120's ... take out media card and clean it off, reformat, then put back on. adding files has proved to be hit/miss with most reporting that they can't add the images back on to the card without the reboot issue.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    did you put your media card in from your other bb?

its a known issue with the tmo 8120's ... take out media card and clean it off, reformat, then put back on. adding files has proved to be hit/miss with most reporting that they can't add the images back on to the card without the reboot issue.

good luck
    Yes. I did place the 8100 media card straight into the 8120. i will reformat it and hope it takes care of the problem.

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea it should cause it solved mine.

Quote Originally Posted by pearl-8100 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea it should cause it solved mine.
    What I did was use my computer to pull everything off the media card, put the card back into the 8120, formatted it, put everything back on the card and put the card back into the phone. It seemed to work for a bit, then it started rebooting again. I know its the card but I really don't wanna start with a fresh card. Is there anything that I neglected to go?

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When you put everything back on the card, did that include folders that you had created on your 8100? I reformatted my card and all was great until I put my picture folders back on the card - then the rebooting started again! It wasn't the pictures themselves - when I put the pics on the card without the folders - it worked fine. I wound up recreating the folders on the new BB and then dragging the pictures back over into the correct folders and never had another problem. Let us know how it goes...
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-18-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: to correct spelling :)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm wondering ... They just released the device OS for this bb yesterday over on tmo site. Try dl it and running app loader with bb hooked up. It should pick up some updates. I did same for my att 8120 the same day it arrived and it did pu updates to install.

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    When you put everything back on the card, did that include folders that you had created on your 8100? I reformatted my card and all was great until I put my picture folders back on the card - then the rebooting started again! It wasn't the pictures themselves - when I put the pics on the card without the folders - it worked fine. I wound up recreating the folders on the new BB and then dragging the pictures back over into the correct folders and never had another problem. Let us know how it goes...
    So you just put the pictures back on your card one by one?

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    No. I don't use the DM to put stuff on the card - I turn on mass storage mode and treat it like a removable disk on my PC. So I created all the folders I wanted on the BB, then I just selected all the pictures that were in a folder in my card backup on the PC and dragged them into the new folder on the BB. It's not a fast as copying over everything at once of course, but with this new OS it's pretty darn quick and even with over 200 pictures it wasn't too painful.

John.be.rry no está en línea Stack level 1
    rookie question i suppose, but how do i turn on mass storage mode?