Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I did read somewhere in one of the forums that the official BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.55 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3

Request for latest 8100 Official release

Advertisement

I did read somewhere in one of the forums that the official BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.55 Release 81 has been released. But the link did not work and i closed it. Now i am wondering the location i can find it. Kindly post the working link. I also would request if it is the official release from RIM or by one of the carriers. Thanks in advance for your support.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I just checked the link to the 8100 download and it worked fine.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80830

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    I just checked the link to the 8100 download and it worked fine.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=80830
    It says Firmware......it is ok to install that or i am missing something here???..........

PIN/ID
    Yes Firmware can also be referred to as OS. This is ok to install

Yes Firmware can also be referred to as OS. This is ok to install
    How stable is this OS and any major defects in this version........want to be sure before updating my phone.......thanks for your support.......

PIN/ID
    This is the most stable release that is out right now. There isn't anything major wrong and the camera works in this version No problem thats what us stackers are here for

This is the most stable release that is out right now. There isn't anything major wrong and the camera works in this version No problem thats what us stackers are here for
    Do i have to delete the Vendor.xml..........

PIN/ID
    Yes you will need to delete the vendor.xml file after the software is installed.

Yes you will need to delete the vendor.xml file after the software is installed.
    Will this installation remove my previous OS........i mean will it format my phone and install the latest OS or will it be like an upgrade.............

PIN/ID
    I don't think it will remove your previous OS installation from your computer. I always remove it manually first just to be on the safe side. It will be like an upgrade but be sure to ensure you backup your phone manually before proceeding.

I don't think it will remove your previous OS installation from your computer. I always remove it manually first just to be on the safe side. It will be like an upgrade but be sure to ensure you backup your phone manually before proceeding.
    I had two questions here........first how will I have to remove the Current OS......any links would help........second thing can i use the same Firmware exe that previously downloaded to install afresh the new OS..........I appreciate your help and have already rep you for your support.............

PIN/ID
    Ok you can remove the original OS from your computer by going into control panel>Add/Remove programs and click remove on "BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 for the 8100 SmartPhone". You can then use download the OS and install it from the link I provided you with earlier

Ok you can remove the original OS from your computer by going into control panel>Add/Remove programs and click remove on "BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 for the 8100 SmartPhone". You can then use download the OS and install it from the link I provided you with earlier
    I have 4.2 OS installed on my phone and i have not done any OS upgrade. In this case will it be a fresh OS install.

PIN/ID
    If you've never had 4.5 on this computer then you don't need to uninstall anything Desktop Manager should just prompt you for an upgrade after you've installed 4.5 on the PC and fire up DM.

If you've never had 4.5 on this computer then you don't need to uninstall anything Desktop Manager should just prompt you for an upgrade after you've installed 4.5 on the PC and fire up DM.
    i would require another help before i start formatting the phone. i checked in one of the links http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=27293 on how to save some Mbs while installing. First thing is it safe to delete these files. Second thing i could not find the Themes, pictures or the video that spamdumster was referring in the thread. Kindly advise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast