My USB port on my 8100 has stopped working. I am no longer able to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3

Replacing USB port

Advertisement

My USB port on my 8100 has stopped working. I am no longer able to charge my phone. Before I buy a new port, I wanted to know if replacing the port would fix my problem. If so, how do I replace it? Do I need to solder it? I already opened my phone and looked at it but wasn't able to tell if it was soldered. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

rr4224 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile did you figure out how to replace the usb port?

I am no way paying $100 for a tech to do it. I have a mini port - no warranty. so, I have to brave it out and open the puppy up and replace it myself. any advice?

thx

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Steady hand, lots of patience.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2
    With the casing on or off, apply pressure at different angles to the USB port when it should be charging. There may be a poor connection that has weakened over time (stress fracture). Start with the small patch-work and only do major surgery as a last resort. If you do solder a contact point, use the smallest amount possible. It's too easy to "oops" and make a paper weight.
    Good luck. Post back your results!

jak
    jak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine stop charging unless i wraped the cord around the phone pulling the plug up. I called tmobile and they sent me a new phone for ten bucks

christianapimp no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine completly snaped off the phone so i had to buy a charger to put my battery in to charge my phone 4 dollars on ébay...way better than payin 180 through att