Hi guys I just talked to the Tmobile about my phone getting replace cause of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

Replacement questions.

Advertisement

Hi guys I just talked to the Tmobile about my phone getting replace cause of some keypad light not working. then the questions comes in....

1 - Since my phone has a .101 OS update...Do I need to Downgrade my phone back to .64 of Tmobile before I send it Back?

2 - Downgrade....Is it the same step as Upgrading it like install the .64 then delete xml then App loader?

3 - how about the Software and settings i have on my phone right now....can i just back up my Phone right now and reload everything back to the New phone i'm getting?

the New phone will have the .64 OS ( im pretty sure ) If I reload the Back up ( with .101 OS ) to the new phone with .64 will it be OK?

or maybe i have to start over...
    I just want to have my New phone with exactly the way I have with my Old phone right now....

sorry kinda long,

Thanks for your time.
    Darwin

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Replacement questions.

1. You should downgrade...check out this thread #14 http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._mini_faq.html

2. Same as above.

3. I believe you need both phones to use the switch device wizard in the desktop manager. I'm not sure since I have not done it before.

If you use the switch device wizard I think it copies everything from your old to the new.

Good luck...I think more experienced people that know about switching will be able to verify when they come along.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The switch wizard will copy everything except settings for applications. IE if you have an RSS feed program you'll have to re-enter all your feeds.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks guys

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

GRRRR.....I'm gonna lose all my Notes and Memos if I can't get my Pearl to at least turn on for more than 2 seconds. I wish there was someway to revive it before I call for a replacement. :cry:

I have tried: 1) a clean uninstall and reinstall of the OS and DM on my PC and deleting the vendor file (I deleted the registry keys in regedit also); 2) connecting the BB to the PC; 3) attempting to charge the battery (hoping the phone will turn on for more than 2 seconds) using my new battery pack and 4 other batteries; using the wall charger I got with the original Pearl; etc.

Not sure what to do and I DON'T wanna lose my apps, address book and BBMessenger entries that I added after my last backup.