I have a replacement 8120 as mine broke. It arrived yesterday with 4.3os so I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3

Replacement 8120 - HHmmm.!

Advertisement

I have a replacement 8120 as mine broke.

It arrived yesterday with 4.3os so I quickly upgraded that to 4.5.

I now have an IT Policy in place and cannot use xplayer as it says that it is trying to access outside and inside the firewall.

How can I disable this now?

Also when I click on About in options I get a third screen appear for VoiceSignal Technologies.

Does anyone else have this? Is this an older or newer build of the 8120?

Thirdly, my old handset had an extra option in options- mobile network. This allowed me to decide if I wanted to use Mobile network only, wifi network only or combinations of them both for calls. This replacement handset does not have this option - does anyone else.

Just so you all know - When I upgraded it I used the AT&T version 110, removed the vendor.xml etc as per the lavagirl thread at the top of this section. I have since wiped the handset completely and gone back to the networks version of software which was 4.5 .72 from Orange UK.

Your help, as always is appreciated.

Neil.

Just to add - I have tried to apply a blank IT policy, I think it applied it but I still have the problem with xplayer. Has anyone had any problems using DM4.7?
    Last edited by mylinuxbox; 01-18-2009 at 04:38 AM. Reason: extra info
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    I don't know EXACTLY what you might have done wrong or what went wrong but..I have always used http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_t...lackberry-929/ when I upgraded OS and followed it to a T and had no problems..Maybe glance at it and see if theres anything MAYBE you missed man?

shedevl no está en línea Stack level 1
    Turn off your firewall and reset, then try xplayer again. Voice Signal is recognition software for voice dialing. Who's your carrier? I still have those options on TMO....

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    "Just to add - I have tried to apply a blank IT policy, I think it applied it but I still have the problem with xplayer. Has anyone had any problems using DM4.7? "

I have heard of many issues with 4.7 DM. It hates Vista, to start with, but see
    Here:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...=DM+4.7+issues

and here just to name a few:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...=DM+4.7+issues

Sorry Hope this helps . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by shedevl View Post
    Turn off your firewall and reset, then try xplayer again. Voice Signal is recognition software for voice dialing. Who's your carrier? I still have those options on TMO....

That is my problem - I cant turn the firewall off. The option to do that is not listed - I have full menu enabled but still nothing.

I am tonight going to wipe the handset and use DM 4.5 to install carrier supplied os 4.3 and see if that works.

thbassman -

Your reply filled me with confidence - and then I read it properly hence I am now going backwards.

I note some of you using 8120 - please can you have a look under options/mobile network. Can you choose to use mobile network/wifi or combination of both? This feature is missing from my handset.

Neil.
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had disaster with my 8120 when I attempted to upgrade it to a version of 4.5 with DM 4.7. Took me a WEEK to get DM and my 8120 to recognize the upgrade. I also the following options: Mobile Network Only, Mobile Network Preferred, Wi-Fi Only and Wi-Fi Preferred.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-19-2009 at 03:34 PM.

shedevl no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have mobile network only,mobile network preferred, wi-fi only, wi-fi preferred but still using 4.3...only other thing is go to security options > general settings and disable password which can sometimes lock the firewall too... good luck... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have removed the firewall. All I did was connect to jl_cmder and run factory reset. That sorted that issue.

Still have no connection preference to choose from.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    sorry bro my 8120 is being replaced currently-i will have to get back to you on this one!!! sorry and hope this helps . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!