I know how to fix this problem... BUT it keeps happening, i fixed it once, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

heavychevy no está en línea Stack level 2

Repeated JVM error..

Advertisement

I know how to fix this problem...
    BUT it keeps happening, i fixed it once, then about 3-4 days later it happened again. It's my friends phone she claims she hasnt done anything out of the ordinary on the phone. She said this last time she had it on the charger all night and woke up and it had the error on the screen.

The 1st time i fixed it i wiped the phone with jl_cmd and loaded cingulars .73 software on it. (been runing fine on mine since day 1)

Has anyone had this keep happening? Iam thinking about loading a newer cingular software on it and crossing my fingers..

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Repeated JVM error..

Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy
    I know how to fix this problem...
    BUT it keeps happening, i fixed it once, then about 3-4 days later it happened again. It's my friends phone she claims she hasnt done anything out of the ordinary on the phone. She said this last time she had it on the charger all night and woke up and it had the error on the screen.

The 1st time i fixed it i wiped the phone with jl_cmd and loaded cingulars .73 software on it. (been runing fine on mine since day 1)

Has anyone had this keep happening? Iam thinking about loading a newer cingular software on it and crossing my fingers..
    Which JVM error is it? I would definately recomend doing an OS upgrade/reload. When you restore the info to the phone do an advanced restore and only transfer the info back not the complete back up file to avoid the issue transfering back.

i think the 1st time it was a 501, or something like that (50?)
    The 2nd time it was a 10?
    I didnt backup/restore so nothing corrupt should of been transfered back..
    I loaded .96 on it and its been runing for about a week, so we'll see..

It happened again, with a jvm 102 error. This time i had loaded cingulars .96 software on it and let the phone sit turned on untouched, and after a week the error appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
    It happened again, with a jvm 102 error. This time i had loaded cingulars .96 software on it and let the phone sit turned on untouched, and after a week the error appeared.
    That stinks. When you reloaded the OS did you restore the back up file?

No, i didnt load or ever create a back up. I wiped it with jl_Cmder just to make sure there was nothing on it and then loaded the OS fresh.

Huh. That's a little odd. Any programs on the phone? Even though you have ATT did you delete the vendor file?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    Huh. That's a little odd. Any programs on the phone? Even though you have ATT did you delete the vendor file?
    This past time i didnt load any games/programs. I left the vendor file, i supose i can try again while deleting it. I didnt think about that, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
    This past time i didnt load any games/programs. I left the vendor file, i supose i can try again while deleting it. I didnt think about that, thanks.
    No problem. It's a little odd though. Not sure why you would continue to get "software errors" after reloading the software.

Yea i thought the same thing, at 1st i thought it was something my friend was doing but after this past time iam starting to think there is something wrong inside the phone, i dunno...

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

try using T-mobile's OS...no problems...if you use another vendor's OS and things are still buggy then it's most likely a hardware issue and not a software one...hope this helps

eddie you're always on top of it