Anyone know how? Hopefully have done it successfully...thanks!! Because I want to free up some ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Removing Voice Dialing on 8100 (4.5 OS)

Advertisement

Anyone know how? Hopefully have done it successfully...thanks!! Because I want to free up some memory.

I seen this THREAD posted by J llama about using Maxmem, but too many peoples are having issue with options>about and other little flaws with using.

I was hoping someone can help me with removing unwanted apps by removing or renaming the .cod files.

Example
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.5.0.10_P2.7.0.40\Java

THANKS in advance!!!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    You want to remove some modules to free up memory? This is the only link you need.

Link: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ghlight=maxmem

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Did see that you knew about, but you don't have to worry about it. It works fine, trust!

---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

--HeavyC.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    As long as you use it to remove the voice, then it works just fine... Otherwise just be prepared for any glitches that come up...

So far I have seen nothing come up by doing the voice, and the bb internal tools or PTT

stay away from the others
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    I deleted every option except for the themes I wanted. No glitches or any funny stuff.

---

--HeavyC.

What is the VAD module? that's what's causing maxmem to remove "About"

PIN/ID
    The question is, do you really need about?

---

--HeavyC.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Voice activated Dialing

I think I did all of the options on maxmem in the end (except remove themes), but I did them slowly one by one, full reset, checked everything.

I never did lose my about... However I did lose all my Icons for my folders except for the ugly brown box.

As far as I know it never locked up or broke anyones BB but it does remove some things you may want.

I thought the about thing was associated to the theme removal option, maybe thats why I still have mine?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Well, I like the about Lol

I don't know, I still would rather just rename the models (.cod files) rather then to just delete them, I did this with PTT, I just renamed the file to "old" so I could restore it if I ever wanted to.....Hmmm!! I'm stuck, I don't want no funny business with my BB, I love it too much Lol

thanks guys!!

ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    I lost the about. I didn't care because I can just hit alt race. Just the way I feel about it though~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Same, I can careless about About.

---

--HeavyC.