How do i remove this file from my BlackBerry? Media Pictures Preloaded Pictures I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Looony no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Removing the Preloaded File from the BlackBerry

Advertisement

How do i remove this file from my BlackBerry?
    • Media
    • Pictures
    • Preloaded Pictures
    I have deleted the file

net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod

from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.1.93_P2.3.0.77\Java

and this has free'd up some memory (about 3mb) but the file is still on my BlackBerry with the pictures as thumbnails. How can I totally remove the file from my BlackBerry?

Thanks

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Re: Removing the Preloaded File from the BlackBerry

Check, but I think you'll find that the pictures are 0k files. So, there not taking up that much memory. The thumbnails must be embedded into the OS somehow.

The only way I know of to resolve this is to delete the .cod file before you upgrade to a new OS.
    For example, download and install the new 4.2.1.101 OS, and before you attach the device, go into the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.1.101_P2.3.0.80\Java, and delete that .cod file. You can also delete other .cod files e.g., for themes you don't use, the ptt files if you're on AT&T and you don't use ptt, etc.

I wrote a whole thread on this for the Pearl once, search for it and it may give you some advice as to what else to delete.

Looony no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Removing the Preloaded File from the BlackBerry

ok thanks