Hi I've just installed Flipside the media player application which is pretty good but........ When ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

echohead no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Removing items from Blackberry Menu

Advertisement

Hi

I've just installed Flipside the media player application which is pretty good but........

When it installed it added a shortcut to "Flipside" on the menu button so I can access the application anytime I press the menu button from wherever I am.

Does anyone know how to remove this shortcut...I know it's only a small annoyance but I don't want it on the menu. I've looked around the handset and the Flipside website but I can't find a way of deleting it.

Thanks

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hmmm...that's a new one for me, the only shortcut I have is for Empower Options, but the shortcut is only accessible when viewing the menu in the emails/texts message folders.

Does anyone know!! this could be useful for me too....

tylerscott20 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    u could hide it by pressing the button to the left of the trackball and selecting hide icon

Tylerscott20 you misunderstood my question. The button you mention is the very "menu button" that shows the "Flipside" addition.....it's at the top of this menu EVERY time I press that button from where ever I am in any application and there is no way of hiding it.

For instance when I have the icons showing and I press the menu button (the one to the left of the trackerball) it shows (from the top down)

Flipside...
    Move Icon
    Hide Icon
    Show All
    Switch Application

Until I installed Flipside it only showed the last four.

I can hide the application icon using your suggestion in the normal way but I cannot remove this addition to my menu.

Any ideas from anyone as to how I can do it ?

Thanks

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Contact the developer!! Maybe it's something that you CAN'T remove if you wanted to unless you un-installed the app itself

OK, thanks to everyone that looked at this and/or posted.........

The developer says it cannot be removed as most people wanted it to be there, apparently I'm in the minority !!

Never mind I'll just have to live with it......

Thanks but this thread can now be closed.

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    When FlipSide is active and playing a song, it adds a "FlipSide..." option to the top of most menus... This is to what he is referring.

I'd hate to disappoint you, but you'll almost certainly find that this is intentional, so that you can "flip" (excuse the pun) back to FlipSide quickly, if you want to change the song or whatever...

I didn't notice it 'till you pointed it out, but I think it's a great idea myself.

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~