I just got my blackberry pearl and I'm trying to figure out a way to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

slim1331 no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Removing applications icon from start screen?

Advertisement

I just got my blackberry pearl and I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the applications icon from the start screen. Having the apps button on the phone and then having it on the start screen is quite reduntant. Is there any way to do this or is that just how its going to be because of the theme?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Hi Slim, part of it is theme based, when you are at the main screen though, you can Highlight an Icon, hit the menu key and select move or Hide, I move all the ones I don't use much to the end of the list and then Hide them. But that is just me, any time you change themes you will have to set that back up.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the applications icon on the 'home' screen cannot be removed by the 'end user' ... that's you nor can it be removed during the theme making process by the 'theme maker' ... that's me.
    i've heard future releases of the Plazmic CDK will allow for this as its a big issue for most users ... as you pointed out, sorta redundant

Thanks alot, its not a big deal but little annoying!

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Will the Hiding I told you about help?
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Well when you say hit the menu key you mean to hit the apps key right? Cause when i do that it just goes into the apps folder with all the apps, and then there is no application icon in that list for me to move. I have moved all the icons that I use to the top and they show up on my main screen. But the applications icon is fixed there it seems.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by slim1331 View Post
    Well when you say hit the menu key you mean to hit the apps key right? Cause when i do that it just goes into the apps folder with all the apps, and then there is no application icon in that list for me to move. I have moved all the icons that I use to the top and they show up on my main screen. But the applications icon is fixed there it seems.
    OK you are using a theme with Apps at the Bottom left on the first screen on the BB i Believe, so what I was suggesting woud work affter hitting apps, and getting to the screen with all the ICONs, then you can Hide exess icons, but like Cherri said that Icon for that theme will not go away, changing to a diffarnt theme like a Zen theme doesn't have that.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")