Results 1 to 8 of 8

I'm just wondering how exactly you can remove some applications from the front screen and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    CaNe13's Avatar
    CaNe13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2065D53F
    Posts
    75

    Removing applications from screen?

    Advertisement



    I'm just wondering how exactly you can remove some applications from the front screen and replace them with ones you use more often then the others?

    Currently my list of 6 are as follows.

    Do More (i guess this is my browser)

    Setup Wizard

    Messages

    Call Log

    BlackBerry Messanger


    *edit* its the 8100 blackberry model if that matters at all.

    Applications

    The ones i want to remove are the blackberry massanger and setup wizard and the do more and replace them with other application that i use more often.
    Last edited by CaNe13; 01-11-2008 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Adding cell phone model.

  2. #2
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: Removing applications from screen?

    that really all depends on the theme you are using...have you changed the theme up?

    if you are using a zen theme (where there are icons on the left side), those can be changed by going to the applications screen, scroll to the icon you want to put on the zen screen, click the menu button (to the left of trackball) and choose to move. the first five icons you have on the application screen will show up on the zen screen.

    to change themes, go to options/themes

  3. #3
    CaNe13's Avatar
    CaNe13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2065D53F
    Posts
    75

    Re: Removing applications from screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    that really all depends on the theme you are using...have you changed the theme up?

    if you are using a zen theme (where there are icons on the left side), those can be changed by going to the applications screen, scroll to the icon you want to put on the zen screen, click the menu button (to the left of trackball) and choose to move. the first five icons you have on the application screen will show up on the zen screen.

    to change themes, go to options/themes
    Awesome mate, i didn't even know i could use the application button a second time once at that screen, much appreciated.

  4. #4
    Sci-Tek's Avatar
    Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    849

    Re: Removing applications from screen?

    next tip would be to remove unused applications at main screen ;p
    Instead of choosing move as cheeri posted choose "hide". it will then hide the icon.
    To show it again, choose "show all".

    Welcome to forums btw

  5. #5
    CaNe13's Avatar
    CaNe13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2065D53F
    Posts
    75

    Re: Removing applications from screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    next tip would be to remove unused applications at main screen ;p
    Instead of choosing move as cheeri posted choose "hide". it will then hide the icon.
    To show it again, choose "show all".

    Welcome to forums btw
    Thats a nice tip, thanks! i'm using it to hide the setup wizard currently

  6. #6
    MHutch30's Avatar
    MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Posts
    724

    Re: Removing applications from screen?

    Is there a way to remove, not just hide, an unused icon? I deleted my aol account, removed it in my account on the BB manager page from my service provider, but still have the icon... driving me NUTS!
    I had an issue where I wiped my device and used an older backup file to restore it-that's when the icon returned

  7. #7
    CaNe13's Avatar
    CaNe13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2065D53F
    Posts
    75

    Re: Removing applications from screen?

    Shouldnt the icon delete by its self when you uninstall the application its self? i've never had this issue before and i just uninstalled AOL myself and the icon left along with it.

  8. #8
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Removing applications from screen?

    Quote Originally Posted by MHutch30 View Post
    Is there a way to remove, not just hide, an unused icon? I deleted my aol account, removed it in my account on the BB manager page from my service provider, but still have the icon... driving me NUTS!
    I had an issue where I wiped my device and used an older backup file to restore it-that's when the icon returned
    Delete the service book that's tied to the AOL account. Then the icon will disappear.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •