I'm just wondering how exactly you can remove some applications from the front screen and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

CaNe13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2065D53F

Removing applications from screen?

Advertisement

I'm just wondering how exactly you can remove some applications from the front screen and replace them with ones you use more often then the others?

Currently my list of 6 are as follows.

Do More (i guess this is my browser)

Setup Wizard

Call Log

BlackBerry Messanger

*edit* its the 8100 blackberry model if that matters at all.

Applications

The ones i want to remove are the blackberry massanger and setup wizard and the do more and replace them with other application that i use more often.
    Last edited by CaNe13; 01-11-2008 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Adding cell phone model.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Removing applications from screen?

that really all depends on the theme you are using...have you changed the theme up?

if you are using a zen theme (where there are icons on the left side), those can be changed by going to the applications screen, scroll to the icon you want to put on the zen screen, click the menu button (to the left of trackball) and choose to move. the first five icons you have on the application screen will show up on the zen screen.

to change themes, go to options/themes

PIN/ID
    2065D53F

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    that really all depends on the theme you are using...have you changed the theme up?

if you are using a zen theme (where there are icons on the left side), those can be changed by going to the applications screen, scroll to the icon you want to put on the zen screen, click the menu button (to the left of trackball) and choose to move. the first five icons you have on the application screen will show up on the zen screen.

to change themes, go to options/themes
    Awesome mate, i didn't even know i could use the application button a second time once at that screen, much appreciated.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

next tip would be to remove unused applications at main screen ;p
    Instead of choosing move as cheeri posted choose "hide". it will then hide the icon.
    To show it again, choose "show all".

Welcome to forums btw

PIN/ID
    2065D53F

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    next tip would be to remove unused applications at main screen ;p
    Instead of choosing move as cheeri posted choose "hide". it will then hide the icon.
    To show it again, choose "show all".

Welcome to forums btw
    Thats a nice tip, thanks! i'm using it to hide the setup wizard currently

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it

Is there a way to remove, not just hide, an unused icon? I deleted my aol account, removed it in my account on the BB manager page from my service provider, but still have the icon... driving me NUTS!
    I had an issue where I wiped my device and used an older backup file to restore it-that's when the icon returned

PIN/ID
    2065D53F

Shouldnt the icon delete by its self when you uninstall the application its self? i've never had this issue before and i just uninstalled AOL myself and the icon left along with it.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by MHutch30 View Post
    Is there a way to remove, not just hide, an unused icon? I deleted my aol account, removed it in my account on the BB manager page from my service provider, but still have the icon... driving me NUTS!
    I had an issue where I wiped my device and used an older backup file to restore it-that's when the icon returned
    Delete the service book that's tied to the AOL account. Then the icon will disappear.