I noticed that my phone gets into standby mode while i am on call and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3

Remove standy mode while speaking over phone

Advertisement

I noticed that my phone gets into standby mode while i am on call and when i opt to disconnect the call, it takes a while to wake up. Kindly suggest if there is a way to get away with this.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Do you know how your phone is getting put into standby? The only way I'm aware this can happen is if you momentarily press the speaker button on the phone. If that's what's happening, STOP!

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    Do you know how your phone is getting put into standby? The only way I'm aware this can happen is if you momentarily press the speaker button on the phone. If that's what's happening, STOP!
    oh i dont think i do something like that.........but i shall keep a watch and see if this is what happening...........will revert if its not the case..........thanks...........

Quote Originally Posted by saneen View Post
    oh i dont think i do something like that.........but i shall keep a watch and see if this is what happening...........will revert if its not the case..........thanks...........
    I checked and i dont seem to press the speaker button. any suggestions now.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    By standby mode, do you mean that you have to enter a password and unlock the phone after a conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by ma077146 View Post
    By standby mode, do you mean that you have to enter a password and unlock the phone after a conversation?
    No i have to repeatedly press the end call button to disconnect the call. The screen goes blank and i have to press any key to bring ON the backlight of the screen.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Next time, try pressing and holding the disconnect key for a few seconds and see if that does it.