Hi, new to this site, and fairly new to owning a BlackBerry, although istalled BES ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Gidso no está en línea Stack level 1

Remove operator settings, and unlock 8100

Advertisement

Hi, new to this site, and fairly new to owning a BlackBerry, although istalled BES for one of my clients. I was a windoze smartphone guy until i happend across 7130, needless to say I will never go back to SmartPhones. That said someone just gave me BB 8100, even more impressive than my 7130, but it's locked to Vodafone UK, whereas I'm on Orange. So two questions that you guys have probably heard before and could answer in an instant. Firstly anybody know of anywhere in UK i can unlock this phone to work on any network, I'm not worried if there is a modest cost involved as so far this little gem has not cost me a bean. Secondly, how do i get rid of the crappy operator menus that seem to have taken what was originally a simple interface and made it not so simple. Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Gidso

blacklaw no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    327508D5

Re: Remove operator settings, and unlock 8100

I am thinking gsmphonesource.com can help you with the unlock. As to the rest, it sounds like a carrier specific theme maybe, or just a theme change might help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Gidso, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You won't be able to delete the operator logo, I'm afraid, its in the firmware and will remain after you unlock. That said, welcome to Pinstack

mayflower no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi I have a similar problem - I have an 8100 locked to T mobile UK. When we were in the US T mobile quite happily unlocked my cellphone when we moved back to europe, but T mobile UK just said 'you can take it somewhere to get it unlocked' and didnt say where, and certainly did not say they would give me a code so I can get it unlocked. I now need to put in my vodafone greece sim - any thoughts? many thanks dg

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    mayflower, Welcome to PinStack.

There are several Blackberry unlock service companies that may be able to help you. gsmphonesource.com is just one that I have heard good reports from, but there are others out there. Some advertise on Pinstack even.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    try this will help with the IT policy and unlock stuff

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=unlock+policy

mayflower no está en línea Stack level 1

I am still trying to unlock my UK T-mobile blackberry pearl. T mobile sent me a code, and instructions but absolutely nothing happened - blank white screen. Called them and they said 'sometimes it doesnt work!' you need to contact the manufacturer. Unfortunately I can't quite work out how to contact the manufacturer, they seem to be a dead loss unless you are a corporate user. Does anyone have any thoughts - I have now had this thing for more than 6 months and can only use it when I am in the UK, which is not all that often. Advice appreciated. Thanks

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Mayflower, you probably know you can use your BB abroad with international roaming, but as its very expensive you want to use a local sim when abroad ??

As for BB support I have A number for RIM europe

01753667333 or 000.

Gaz