Hello! I am a brand new member of Pinstack and Blackberry. Ok so today i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ukarion no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ED7D23

Arrow Removable memory card Micro SD

Advertisement

Hello! I am a brand new member of Pinstack and Blackberry. Ok so today i bought a 1 gb Sandisk microSD/TransFlash for Sears because I decided to "Pimp-out" my BB with music videos etc.. So I unpack the memory card from the plastic case and insert it in the slot for the microSD in my BB. I powered the BB on and went to options => advanced options => media card, and I looked at the bottom of the screen and i saw "A media card is not presently inserted in the device." and I'm all like what the....the Media card is in the device!. So i opened the BB again and reinserted it. but no success. when i went to the Device manager on my PC and clicked Media Manager (Roxio popped up) and said " Please activate Mass Storage Mode on your device." and when I looked back at my phone on Media Card in Advanced Options., i saw that it said (in Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected) it said Prompt. so i changed it to yes. but still no success.

Can you tell me what i can do to get the memory card to work?
    on My Computer it shows "Removable Disk (F: )" I click it and it says "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (F: )" and when i disconnect the Blackberry Device the Disk (F: ) disappears.

Info:
    Blackberry Pearl (8100)
    v4.2.0.73 (platform 2.2.0.41)
    >Service provider: Cingular (AT&T now)

>PC
    Windows Vista Ultimate

Sorry that you have to read too much :[ but i really need to get this up and running

thanx for your help =]

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Removable memory card Micro SD

have you tried to format the card?

Ukarion no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ED7D23

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    have you tried to format the card?
    How do i do that? if it means Go to My computer right cliuck it and select format it gives me a :"There is no disk in drive F:. Insert a disk, and then try again"
    Last edited by Ukarion; 12-25-2007 at 12:28 AM.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

do you have a card reader? if so, I would stick it in there and see if it reads it. maybe it's a defective card.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Ukarion View Post
    How do i do that? if it means Go to My computer right cliuck it and select format it gives me a :"There is no disk in drive F:. Insert a disk, and then try again"
    See if, when you go to Options/Media Card and open the menu with the card in place, you have the option to Format Media Card. If not, try removing it from the BB and see if you can format it from your PC.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

losttourist no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi , dont know if youve figured it all out yet but I thought I would tell you how I got it to work.
    Actually when I set the mass storage on my desktop manager didnt find the card. So all I do when I plug in the bb to the computer and it asks me if I want to set it to mass storage I say NO. then when I open the desktop manager..there shows both my device drive and my media card.
    So give it a try, make sure that on your media card advanced options you have "prompt" selected, then when you hook up via usb and your phone prompts you if you want mass media...say NO. This sounds weird but thats what works with mine.
    I tried putting mass media on and the media card doesnt show up.
    go figure
    hope this helps

n3pkc no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up set mass storage prompt in BB options

Worked for me, went to options, advanced, media card, set it to prompt on connect, and now I'm able to access the card. Now if only I could fix the issues I just started having with XP and USB flash drives doing the same thing. Seems to be a common problem but I havent' dug up any solutions yet. Only system change I made was installing Microsoft Search