BB Pearl Flip Phone . . . I've searched your posts and have tried several ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

janetp719 no está en línea Stack level 1

RELOAD SOFTWARE 507

Advertisement

BB Pearl Flip Phone . . . I've searched your posts and have tried several of the options, but to no avail, none of them have worked. Beginning, purchased this phone new from someone that had it and didn't want it. It is TMO branded. I paid to have it unlocked and has been working since November 08 on ATT/Cingular. It started rebooting all of the time for no reason early in May of 09. I have not downloaded any application or even installed the software from the disk. The most I have done is call people and send text messages. I installed the software and did the upgrade. It worked for 1 day, then the reboot problem again. It was doing it every 5 minutes. Now, have this "reload software 507" after several attempts to fix the thing myself. Cell Phones are not my expertise, so if anyone can assist, I would appreciate it.

BTW, during the blog reading I saw someone post ... "DOS is your friend". They are right. Long Live EDLIN and the command prompt !

Thanks to anyone who responds

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Try to follow the instructions in this thread:

http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/reinstall_os_computer_wont_recognize_device_connected-5178/

It always works. Post back if you are still having problems.

Then after you get it wiped, make sure the latest OS is installed on your PC, then to go C:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and runloader.exe from there. That should get the OS back on your phone.

janetp719 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay, it's up and running. I used a slightly different approach from another site, but finally got it to work. One of the problems I was having was that I am not a TMO customer, therefore, could not download the most current OS. Found some weird version on Blackberry for "orange spain". Downloaded and installed it. ran "loader /nojvm" from command prompt with battery removed. You have to be quite quick to hit the next button though when the connection says USB: unknown. It will then go through the install program and before it tries to initialize the device, you must insert the battery for the rest of the stages to complete. If you want the full thread instructions I downloaded, I can send. I like this forum. Was glad to get a response. I am not a cell phone expert, but I do have expertise in pc's, networks, servers, oracle, programming and vb.net stuff. This was kinda new, but interesting to figure out. Thanks for all your help

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    janet! welcome to pinstack glad you got it back up!

The 507 error means that you need to restore the OS. There are a few methods out there to get this accomplished

hiroprotagon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B0CF9
    Hi, guys. Got a similar problem. Thing is, the whole application load works up to the very point where the apploader starts installing modules on the 8220, then it seems to just disconnect athe the very first app module. It then outputs "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device software..."
    Any idea what i can do??

Did you wipe it with JL_Cmdr yet? If not, try that then try reloading the OS.

hiroprotagon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250B0CF9
    Yes, i did the wipe.. .Still no go. Tried reloading from a fresh install of desktop manager. The exact same problem.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you haven't already close DM down and goto c/program files/common files/ research in motion/ app loader and try running the loader file from there. I had the same issue the other day with an 8330 and was able to get passed the error this way.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    lots of issues with 8220's....
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56