Has anyone else noticed a great reduction in battery life? I have had my pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sparkyweb no está en línea Stack level 2

Reduced Battery Life

Advertisement

Has anyone else noticed a great reduction in battery life?

I have had my pearl for about 8 months, don't make hundreds of calls, or data or text, bluetooth is not switched on etc but am now having to charge the battery every day.
    Does anyone have any ideas or suffered a similar fate?

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Reduced Battery Life

I have always had to charge my battery everyday...

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Two possibilities, or actually maybe it is a combination of both:
    1. It is the nature of rehcargable batteries. They start loosing charging ability almost immediately, with real noticebale loss around 200 charges and a significant loss around 400. These are guesses, as every battery is different. Supposedly a battery that is not allowed to drain too often will last longer than one that is regularly drained all the way down. Eight months of heavy usage sounds early, but long enough to be possible. Order a replacement battery and worse case you've got a backup battery.
    2. You've got some new background applications running that require regular use of data transmission/receipt. Turning on that transmitter is a major battery drain. Turning it on a regular basis will eat through any battery. If you are running something like Viirgo, JiveTalk, SimulSays, or similar then those are the type of apps I am referring to.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    If you use Instant Messaging that will drain your battery so recharging will need to be done more often.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

my battery works fine unless I have Jivetalk online all day. Then it kills the battery.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....