So ok, i am always a problem causer! when i try and send MMS messages ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

Thumbs up RED X when sending MMS on 8100!

Advertisement

So ok, i am always a problem causer! when i try and send MMS messages my BB puts a red X next to it and it doesnt send. i have blackberry service, internet service, and from what i can tell have every damn service on my BB... so what am i doing wrong or what settings do you think need to be chagned?!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: RED X when sending MMS on 8100!

I have encountered this same problem I soft reset my BB and resend and it works...other people have reported similar problems with mms and sending pics taken with the pearl (are you sending a pearl pic?)

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check your service books for the MMS entry.

As well, when the red X appears, open the MMS message and scroll up as high as you can, there will be a network error message there which may explain the problem. (I occasionally get the red X for both SMS and MMS. One time, it was X'd because my friend hadn't paid her bill and her service was suspended. How smart is the network??!!)

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

Resend the service books and see if that helps.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have had this happen with a situation similar to what Lewis described. I have a friend who has a prepaid cell phone and he had run out of minutes. I tried to send him a text message and it wouldn't go through because he had no minutes, and I got the red X you are seeing. Maybe check with your friend by calling him to make sure his service isn't suspended or try sending a nessage to someone else, otherwise I guess it could be something on your end as others have posted here. Good luck.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

do you have a pearl unlocked on cingular? if so cingular doesnt support mms on blackberry

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

With Nextel I experience this weekly, the rest of you Nextel users can probably vouch for that! Seems though it has died down to once a week at the most though. YAY!

Anyways, a really easy way to solve this problem would be to find the MMS service book and delete it, the resend it and your problem should dissapear.

hexcr03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24238CA7

trigga?!!??!?! you might just have solved my damn problem! i have an unlocked 8100 that i use with cingular... UGH no MMS?!?!!?