Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK today I knocked my Blackberry 8100 Pearl off the dresser as I was getting ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xSoFine69o no está en línea Stack level 1

Red Light of Death?

Advertisement

OK today I knocked my Blackberry 8100 Pearl off the dresser as I was getting up. I picked it up to see if it was still working and all I got was a white screen. It wouldn't power down so I took out the battery and put it back in but then it wouldn't turn back on. Every time I reinsert the battery I get a red light for a few seconds but then nothing. Does anyone know what kind of a problem this would entail or how I might go about fixing it?

Re: Red Light of Death?

Now I plugged the phone into the charger and I am getting a blinking green light but still no activity on the screen or anything.

OK now the phone vibrated as if I have a message and it blinks red a few times if I try and power it on while its plugged in.

Alright to clarify...when I reinsert the battery I get a single red LED flash. When the device is plugged in, it starts to blink a dull green, almost yellow. And the screen does not come on in any way, shape, or form.

After about 5-10 minutes plugged in (to the wall, not the computer) the led has gone to a solid, bold green. I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sounds like the Drop caused a broken connection in the screen circuitry. You could go to the download section/Utilities here on Pinstack and get JL_Cmder. Install it on your PC. Then connect your Pearl to the PC and use the screen shot feature of JL-Cmder to capture a screen image of what the Pearl is trying to display. If it looks like a normal screen, your problem is hardware related.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

OK my alarm went off and everything on the phone so I guess it's just the LCD screen. Is there anyway I can fix this without getting an entirely new phone?

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

havent heard of that particular repair being done before, couldnt advise on how or who. from a cost standpoint the repair may be as much as your insurance deductible, assuming you have the handset insurance. best of luck. keep us posted if you are successful in the repair

Would I really have broken my LCD screen from such a trivial fall though? I mean the thing was at least all white before I powered it down initially...

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba
    Quote Originally Posted by xSoFine69o
    Would I really have broken my LCD screen from such a trivial fall though? I mean the thing was at least all white before I powered it down initially...
    did you try the download "jl-cmder"
    Yet??

OK sorry I had to get a mini-usb cable. Anyways I downloaded the jl-cmder and took a screenshot and everything looked fine so idk where that leads us from here...Any additional advice would be terrific

Based on the screenshots of the JL cmder the scroll ball also appears to not be working (I was trying to browse my messages lol). IDK if perhaps the screen capture is supposed to be like this but I just thought I'd throw it out there. Perhaps something on the main chip just disconnected? Should I see what I can do myself or call up AT&T and send it in repairs (or something else?)

bump

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I had the white screen issue with my Pearl, not from dropping it and there was nothing I could do to resolve it. This was definitely a hardware issue. If you are not within your 30 day return period then it would be a repair type issue and may be more costly than the actual replacement of the phone, I'm not sure. This would be a touchy one though as you may not want to mention dropping the phone as it may void your warranty.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

madmad100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E2AA5A

replace the screen ribbon search this site u might find 1 http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8100-c...f2aa3ad197bbd4
    Keep Ya Head Up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast