OKay, so last night my phone kept "dying" and rebooting...and then NADA...black screen...and a blinking ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

8aBlackBearE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E93134

Red LED from HELL! HELP!

Advertisement

OKay, so last night my phone kept "dying" and rebooting...and then NADA...black screen...and a blinking red LED..It blinks 4 times...and repeats.....NO i do not have a new message...screen would not be BLACK...YES...I have pulled the battery a gazillion times...left it out..yada yada...nada....tried to charge it..doesn't recognize the charger....I do not have a memory card...and have not installed any new apps...this is my second pearl this year...so over this stupid phone...never again....I'm at my witts end...I know others have had this problem but I am wondering the significance of the 4 flashes....and why it wont recognize the USB....
    HELP!
    I'm your huckleberry

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Red LED from HELL! HELP!

You tried hooking it up to DM on the PC? See if that works, maybe reload an OS.

What happened before this started? Was it dropped or anything? Did it get wet?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I feel your frustration, Black. I had the same thing happen to me with 3 Pearls. Try this:

Remove the battery from the BB.
    Uninstall the Desktop Manager and Device Software.
    Reinstall the Desktop Manger.
    Reinstall the Device Software.
    Delete Vendor.xml file.
    Connect the BB to PC.
    Open Desktop Manager and Connection Settings.
    Use the Detect button to manually detect the BB.
    Start reinstalling the new Device Software.
    REINSERT THE BATTERY. Keep the BB connected to the PC.
    Let the installation finish.
    After the phone turns on and the splash screen comes up, disconnect the BB from the PC.

PIN/ID
    23E93134

It was set on a water ring several hours before it died...but only on the back cover..and had no internal moisture....and was never submerged....nonetheless..I wiped out the inside..and left the battery out overnight...just in case...but it's still blinking at me...I don't think that would have made a difference? But who knows...The PC I have my DM on does not have an internet connection...will this make a difference? I have a feeling I will still have to get a new pearl from AT&T AGAIN...all other threads about the evil red led say if they get the BB working again..it's only for a matter of time...:cry:
    I'm your huckleberry

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by 8aBlackBearE
    It was set on a water ring several hours before it died...but only on the back cover..and had no internal moisture....and was never submerged....nonetheless..I wiped out the inside..and left the battery out overnight...just in case...but it's still blinking at me...I don't think that would have made a difference? But who knows...The PC I have my DM on does not have an internet connection...will this make a difference? I have a feeling I will still have to get a new pearl from AT&T AGAIN...all other threads about the evil red led say if they get the BB working again..it's only for a matter of time...:cry:
    You will need internet connection to redownload the software. I have brought back BB from the dead and they stayed that way. Both my 8700 and my 7100 have encountered this before. used http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...uter_wont.html worked like a charm. went strong ever since.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm not familiar with the pearl but my 8700 has little white square at the bottom left of the back of the phone when you take off the battery cover. I believe it changes from white to another color if there is water damage. might be worth checking.

here is a link to a discussion of the water damage indicator on the pearl.

PIN/ID
    23E93134

Thank you! Hopefully I will have your luck with reviving my pearl. If I re-install the OS on my laptop...will I lose all of my info since I've only synched on my PC? Might be a stupid question, but I've never upgraded my OS for that same reason....
    I'm your huckleberry

PIN/ID
    23E93134

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    I'm not familiar with the pearl but my 8700 has little white square at the bottom left of the back of the phone when you take off the battery cover. I believe it changes from white to another color if there is water damage. might be worth checking.

here is a link to a discussion of the water damage indicator on the pearl.
    Yes, I'm aware of the white square..since the last time I had to send in my other pearl they had me check it..and it's not pink..still virgin white... so I'm assuming that no water worked its way in...
    I'm your huckleberry

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by 8aBlackBearE
    Thank you! Hopefully I will have your luck with reviving my pearl. If I re-install the OS on my laptop...will I lose all of my info since I've only synced on my PC? Might be a stupid question, but I've never upgraded my OS for that same reason....
    Yeah i would do a back up first IF it will allow you to do so. (not likely though) Uploading the OS will erase all info on the phone. Make sure you select to erase all apps and to not automatically backup and restore the info when you run through the app loader. This will give a better chance to succeed. You will probably need to try this process a few( maybe many) times to get this corrected. Post back with any questions and to give us an update. Good luck.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 09-24-2007 at 11:21 AM.

PIN/ID
    23E93134

So....I tried and tried and to no avail....the 'device' could not be recognized...So I called ATT..and they confirmed that it was a software problem with the OS...(DUH lol) and they said my best bet is to get a new one shipped out...since I am still under warranty...Which makes sense...since a wipe would erase my device anyway... But I also found out that my "NEW" replacement phone from February's IME was already registered to a different sim number...so apparently it was not NEW... though they refuse to admit it..which explains why it only lasted 5 months... Gotta love ATT.......thanks for the help everyone! I can safely say I will NEVER buy a BBerry again...too unreliable...
    I'm your huckleberry

wakeboarder2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey i had this same problem, what appeared to be the problem for my pearl was an extremely low battery sort of similar to what happens to your ipod when the battery's really low it needs some time to charge or something. I left my on the charger overnight, then in the morning took the battery out and put it back in and it turned on and worked. Not really sure if that was the problem but i had the same thing with the black screen and the red flashing lights.