Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My red indicator light on my pearl constantly blinks. I tried taking out the battery ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2

red indicator light wont turn off

Advertisement

My red indicator light on my pearl constantly blinks. I tried taking out the battery but didn't work. Do I have to try reloading os or what?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    are you sure you have NO unread messages? maybe something running in the background like a twitter client? that shows no "message indicator" but blinks red with new messages?

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    If i remember correctly i think there is also an option to have led to show signal. Make sure that is not checked.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    That's correct, but a connected signal led is green. I'm betting its what Cherri said, a sms,mms, email or something. If all else fails, go into options>screen/keyboard, and manually disable the led.
    Last edited by chokem; 06-01-2009 at 05:08 PM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Go into a messages folder and press the BB menu button.

Scroll down to where it says View Folders and select that. This brings up a list of folders. Search through those to see if there's not a message hiding in there somewhere.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    A couple other options to try.
    If you have facebook or my space, or a cheri said Twitter... Check for friend requests or messages there. Also check for pending bbm friend requests. I hope that helps.:-)
    J

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    remove color pearl and install bling ball
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I had that problem with Twitterberry when I tweeted, relied, etc...Could it be this?

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    there's also a free app out there called LEDReset... works great,and it's free. It's available at www.rimgeeks.com
    Here's the exact link to the app! Get it from your BB browser for OTA.
    http://www.rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=13
    Last edited by bassvictim; 06-01-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: ADDED LINK
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/461009/blog1370.html

yea bass. i posted the alx/cod for that so they dont have to go to that link via bb so pretty good app i must say

PIN/ID
    HEAD
    Good look Brian!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    That is a great program if you dont care about what you might be missing, come on guys just because there is a way around it doesnt mean we shouldn't try to find what is causing it.

I have been having an issue with my bold the last week and its like it blinks and i go and check everything and nothing right? but then 5 minutes later i find a new message or whatever, I am serisously thinking that there is a delay where the phone knows there is a new message somewhere but then it doesnt update for a few minutes its like the bis is on a delay between the send of the message and the actuall recievable readable message?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    That is a great program if you dont care about what you might be missing, come on guys just because there is a way around it doesnt mean we shouldn't try to find what is causing it.

I have been having an issue with my bold the last week and its like it blinks and i go and check everything and nothing right? but then 5 minutes later i find a new message or whatever, I am serisously thinking that there is a delay where the phone knows there is a new message somewhere but then it doesnt update for a few minutes its like the bis is on a delay between the send of the message and the actuall recievable readable message?
    yea that is tru but for the people who have like berrybuzz and bbalerts or another program installed cause it does diff then the other program sometimes there is a prob tryin to get it to turn off so its a fast and easy fix u know

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Thats kind of what I am saying, it seems we are getting alot of these post lately, and I am thinking maybe it is a bis issue or carrier issue, because seriously in the last week there have been a few time where my light keeps going and i check everything and it still blink then all of a sudden i get new message icon and i go look at it and the blinking stops, its like a delay

And again a cool app but if you dont really need it, which (honestly i have had a few unknown blinking lights and i didnt need a program to get rid of it, just a little time.) then why point to the wrong imediate direction?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    HEAD
    I only use it because when I get a voicemail on my storm, the LED blinks for about 5 minutes after I checked the message. It's just something I like to have,because the delayed blinking bothers me. I don't have any other issues with the LED continuing to flash besides the voicemail. Just my preference. I was just throwing it out there for others who are impatient such as myself...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast