Hi all; So i've got an 8130 on Telus and have had issues before with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38

Recover Automatically Deleted SMS

Advertisement

Hi all;
    So i've got an 8130 on Telus and have had issues before with the lost call log / sms problem. However, i'd just clear the memory and all my call logs would pop up again.

Last night (thankfully right before i backed up everything onto the computer) my bb decided it was a good time to delete most of my sms messages, my call log, and the majority of my e-mails that i've been keeping on there for the past 3 months. Now i don't care about the e-mails or call logs. They're all on my computer anyway, I do however, care about getting the SMS back.

Previously when i erased memory the call logs would show up again. Is there anything I can do to get those SMS back as some are very personal in nature. Anyway I can extract them from the backup on the computer I did yesterday?

Ciao & thanks a ton
    - Adam
    Last edited by adam.sn; 03-12-2008 at 01:34 PM.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    WHY YES THERE IS!!! lol

open your desktop manager and choose backup and restore

select restore and choose your most recent backup

your most recent back up should have everything you had on your bb when you backed it up...anything after is gone i'm sorry to say...
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38
    Cool thats what i thought but i wasn't sure if it just restored settings, or all my messages too. Quick question - is there a way to view on them on the computer as well? I don't necessarily need them on my bb... i'd just like to keep them for memory sake.

- Adam

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    i believe the only way to save sms or mms outside of your phone would be to forward them to yourself(PC email). if anyone knows otherwise feel free to correct me.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

timmmmmmmmy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have just backed up but my backup was from over a week ago. Is there a way to add the e-mails onto my device (that are still in my exchange inbox) between the date of the backup and today? I have tried reconcile now but it doesn't work. Pulled the battery and nothing.

Anyone know how? I've searched and this is the closest thread I have found.

Cheers,
    Tim

PS I have a Curve on a BES running ms Outlook exchange.

timlem no está en línea Stack level 1

Copy sent message to someone

Is there anyway to whenever someone sends an sms to someone to have another number sent that same message without the user actually doing it everytime?