I am new to BB , almost a week now , tried to send some ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

talal no está en línea Stack level 2

Recieving bluetooth !!

Advertisement

I am new to BB , almost a week now , tried to send some personal fotos from my old Nokia to my new Pearl , i did the pairing and pass key and all , but i still get operation faild !!
    what's rong ??
    Thanks ..

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Recieving bluetooth !!

greg486 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Recieving bluetooth !!

Hi,

(reddog187) i realized that you posted a link to the problem but heres some instructions, to save you a click

This question has been addressed before, but for your sake I will reinterate again.

In order to receive on the blacberry pearl you have to receive using bluetooth on your phone. If you are going to send photos go to your photos, click the menu button(the one to the left of the scroll ball) and scroll down to 'receive using bluetooth' this will enable the phone to receive anything (well almost anything) you decide to send to your blackberry, this will also prompt you if you dont have bluetooth enabled to enable it. It should display "waiting for connection" then from your other phone send your photo using bluetooth and the both should pair together and the blackberry should prompt you to name the file you are receiving and choose a folder to save it in and ur done!

Questions? Email me greg_jr2004@yahoo.com or reply to this thread.

greg486

talal no está en línea Stack level 2

Thank you sooooooo much
    It works great now

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks a lot! I was having this same issue with rcving music from my friends razor. I'll give this a shot!

mersel27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204bdf18

Well here's a question worth answering. I too follow the suggestion above and it indeed does work, however everytime I try to send files (music, photos, etc) to a phone that belongs on a CDMA network (Verizon, Sprint, etc) (I am on a GSM with T-mobile) it will either pair but unable to send or it won't pair at all with the message sometimes stating that "the service has failed". Does anyone know if there is a way to get it to work or is it a case where it just won't at all cause of being part of a different network??

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb bluetooth

ditto!
    Quote Originally Posted by mersel27 View Post
    Well here's a question worth answering. I too follow the suggestion above and it indeed does work, however everytime I try to send files (music, photos, etc) to a phone that belongs on a CDMA network (Verizon, Sprint, etc) (I am on a GSM with T-mobile) it will either pair but unable to send or it won't pair at all with the message sometimes stating that "the service has failed". Does anyone know if there is a way to get it to work or is it a case where it just won't at all cause of being part of a different network??

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    You have to make sure that both phones support the same file types you are trying to send one another, that don't work then I don't know what the prob is...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~