Is it true you are suppose to let your cell battery get really low, basically ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Recharging Battery

Advertisement

Is it true you are suppose to let your cell battery get really low, basically to the point the phone signals you to recharge? Someone insists this is the best thing for your cell battery and it keeps your battery charging well. Personally, I figured if you use your cell all day just charge it at night and by the time you awake its ready. Am I damaging or shortening my battery life by charging it every night?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Recharging Battery

Jockobasi, that may have been the case for older batteries, but today's BB batteries are lithiom ion and don't have a memory. So, charge away to your heart's content. I charge mine every night whether it needs it or not and I have not lost any battery strength in the 9 months I've had my 8700.

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

I think your right about those older batteries, so now I can finally stop worrying about that. Thanks

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

yeah he is jock.
    I would highly recomend getting another batter if you can for cheap. I got mine for free with my replacement BB pearl. I love having two to just swap in/out. -Aber

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I agree with ljbyar, there's been alot of talks about how u damage your battery if u charge it every night and stuff, but I think there aint no difference so chargining it every night and having it chanrged the whole day is just fine.