Hey hows it going guys, long time lurker first time poster. This site has given ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smooveken no está en línea Stack level 1

Reception Bars getting blocked

Advertisement

Hey hows it going guys, long time lurker first time poster. This site has given me all the info i have needed so i never really had to post any of my problems until now. I couldnt find anything with the search function so I hope you guys can help!

Well in the upper right hand side where the reception bars are, the ABC tab is blocking it. You know that tab that shows up when you change from upper case to lower case or to numbers? The only way i can make it go away is open a text message and scroll down to an area where you arent allowed to type anything. Once someone calls me or i get a new email or text message, that ABC tab pops up again.

Very strange problem and i'm probably not explaining it right, but i hope you guys can help.

Thanks
    Ken

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Reception Bars getting blocked

First try to take the battery out and hold the power button down for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and see if it is still there.

smooveken no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey thanks for the quick response. But unfortunately the message still pops up even after i clear it. I'm tryin to see if theres any setting that i missed.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try this go to messages then menu and enable suretype works well evet so often I get the same abc thing dunno why buy its a quick fix. Hope this helps

fjords no está en línea Stack level 1

This happened to me after I did a software upgrade to .64 from the tmobile site. I upgraded to the cingular .71 software update and the ABC is no longer blocking the signal bars. Hope that works for you.

Antihero no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same issue, i cant stand suretype so i just leave it in multitap mode or whatever it is called. How do you do the cingular upgrade? What changes are there from the most recent tmobile os and the newest cinular os?

fjords no está en línea Stack level 1

There is a another thread that explains how to do the update, just do a search for it. As for changes, not exactly sure but the battery life seems to be a bit better and the ABC icon is gone.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Ironically the thread right below this tells you how to bet rid of the ABC thing for good. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._abc_mode.html
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.