Hey everyone, a while back I had a problem receiving using Bluetooth!! and I got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Receiving Using Bluetooth

Advertisement

Hey everyone, a while back I had a problem receiving using Bluetooth!! and I got some help, and it worked perfect. But now, for some reason, when I pair with a co-workers phone (LG something...like mine, its ATT) and they try sending me a picture, I get this message that the image contains invalid characters!! not sure what that means, she tried re-naming the photo, but still......"Image Contains Invalid Characters"

Anyone else have this problem, if so...can you help??? thanx

laxbabe924 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405FD44

Re: Receiving Using Bluetooth

try rebooting (take the battery out while the phone is ON, put it back in after 3-5 seconds & turn on) both devices and see if that works.
    if not, try doing it with someone else's phone.. if that doesnt work, you know it's a problem with your phone and if it does, you know it's her phone so you can work from there.
    or just try having her send it as MMS

does it go through the motions as far as coming up with the status bar saying how far along it is before it comes up with the error message.. like 0-100% or does it not even get that far?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Receiving Using Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by laxbabe924 View Post
    try rebooting (take the battery out while the phone is ON, put it back in after 3-5 seconds & turn on) both devices and see if that works.
    if not, try doing it with someone else's phone.. if that doesnt work, you know it's a problem with your phone and if it does, you know it's her phone so you can work from there.
    or just try having her send it as MMS

does it go through the motions as far as coming up with the status bar saying how far along it is before it comes up with the error message.. like 0-100% or does it not even get that far?
    Well....I posted another thread about this same issue cuz no one had responded to this on!! so thanks for the post....and the conclusion I came to was that not all phones are compatible with BB's (when it comes to Bluetooth), and it may be the way that the LG is saving the pics that doesn't allow it to send to BB....I've been able to receive pics before!! but some don't send.......But its not that bigga deal so, I just can't send or receive some things