So yesterday i updated my desktop manager to 4.0.3.17 after checking tmobile's website, and now ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

commando82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Receiving unwanted emails after updating Desktop Manager

Advertisement

So yesterday i updated my desktop manager to 4.0.3.17 after checking tmobile's website, and now i receive these emails in a bulk every few hours, on my work email as well as my blackberry and don't know what they are. I think it has to do something with the email settings but don't know how to fix it and what to change it to.

the email i'm getting is from RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2
    and content: This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    1 On your handheld go to Options-Advanced Options-Service Book and delete the DESKTOP Service
    2. On your computer go to Start-Control Panel
    3. Add/Remove Programs
    4. Remove Desktop Manager
    5. In the install wizard, repair it to BlackBerry Internet Service and NOT BlackBerry Enterprise Service/Redirector
    6. Done

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Commando, do you have a personal account (BIS) or a corporate account for work (BES)?

If you just have the BIS plan the then you shouldn't be getting those.

How did you setup you email? If you used the Enterprise Activation and don't have the BES plan that would be the reason for you getting those emails.

You can delete those emails. You can try to look under you setting for the enterprise activation and see if its still trying to activate and if it is then just cancel it.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    1 On your handheld go to Options-Advanced Options-Service Book and delete the DESKTOP Service
    2. On your computer go to Start-Control Panel
    3. Add/Remove Programs
    4. Remove Desktop Manager
    5. In the install wizard, repair it to BlackBerry Internet Service and NOT BlackBerry Enterprise Service/Redirector
    6. Done

I have Desktop twice, one has CICAL next to it and the other has CMIME
    Similary, my email address is listed twice, one has CICAL and the other CMIME.
    Which ones should i delete? or both for both, desktop and email?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by commando82 View Post
    I have Desktop twice, one has CICAL next to it and the other has CMIME
    Similary, my email address is listed twice, one has CICAL and the other CMIME.
    Which ones should i delete? or both for both, desktop and email?
    Both desktops. Your email one is fine.

ok, have deleted those and had to reinstall my desktop manager since repairing was a major pain because of a file that exists in the folder but the installation was not recognizing it for some ungodly reason. Anyways, ended up choosing Internet Service one and so far haven't seen those emails.. so things working out fine (so far).. thanks guys