hi I use the BB 8100 pearl and on the Tmo network (with myFaves)...I seem ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

skario87 no está en línea Stack level 2

receiving texts and a character limit?

Advertisement

hi I use the BB 8100 pearl and on the Tmo network (with myFaves)...I seem to receive some text messages but not others (usually "longer" in length texts) when I am texting my gf (who is part of my myFaves), I tend to receive shorter messages and sometimes "longer" ones as well but not all the time. Does anyone have a solution to this? I already tried clearing my event log quite often along with soft resets (I downloaded the softreset app onto my BB) but still have this issue and it is quite annoying when I have to send her a text asking if she is there and she replies with oh you didnt get my text

Re: receiving texts and a character limit?

also idk if this helps or not but she is also on the tmo network (she has a dash) and its funny because we both can receive longer length texts from others (also receive them as well)...I have a feeling it is my phone (the pearl) because she always receives the "long" texts I send her but sometimes (quite often nowadays, I've had my pearl since early october) i dont receive her "long" texts

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

have you pulled the battery? works better the soft reset.

also what i would do is dont use the myfaves to send her a text...just add her again in your address book again. this way you will be able to see if its an issue with myfaves

i have her in both but lol i would get screwed with minutes (i talk to her so much and i switched to myfaves over the mobile-to-mobile once i got my pearl to save me some money)

PIN/ID

yes but when you send her a text, does the little myfaves icon appear next to her name? (by the way those text arent free...i found out the hard way lol)

yes the myFaves icon appears and i know but i didnt find out the hard way (thank god, cuz i got raped by text charges before plenty of times before i finally decided to get the $14.99 unlimited text plan)

PIN/ID

i know it would be a pain in the 'behind' but add her again in your address book but this time make it 'different' then how it appears for the myfaves. like instead of having 1576398576, put it with a + in front of the number, or try it without the 1 or +.

i dont know, this probally doesnt make sense.

im 22 and slipped a disc in my lower back sooo im on some crazy pain pills. probally shouldnt offer my help tonight

PIN/ID

at least this way we can figure out if the problem is with myfaves or whatever.

lol ok i tried changing it her number in myFaves is +1 (her number) and in my address book is just (her number) now just gotta wait for her to start texting me later tonight lol (she's studying now, finals suck) hopefully this will work thanks for all your help man

I finally got fed up with myFaves (I'm pretty sure that was the problem) and switched over to get more 600 with unlimited nights/weekends and added on unlimited mobile-mobile (I know my bill is slightly more but w/e I would rather pay and get everything then pay and not be able to text my girl)

ISSUE RESOLVED (hopefully lol)