Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just went through a similar issue with my BlackBerry and spoke to RIM Support ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jaybop no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

Advertisement

I just went through a similar issue with my BlackBerry and spoke to RIM Support about. My behavior in 4.2.1.175/4.2.1.107 was as follows:

Environment: Media Player in use for Audio Playback and a Call is Received
    Behavior:
    1. Audio track is paused (time elapsed is shown)
    2. Ringer sounds through speaker instead of [/b]earpiece[/b] (call ignored)
    3. Audio track restarts from start of song instead of resume
    In version .64, when a call was received and ignored, the track paused and then immediately resumed after the ringing stopped. If the call was answered and later ended, the tracked resumed from where it was paused.

Environment: Media Player in use for Audio Playback and an Email/SMS is Received
    Behavior:
    1. Audio track is paused (time elapsed is shown)
    2. Ringer sounds through speaker instead of earpiece
    3. Audio track remains paused and does not restart or resume
    In version .64, when an email was received, the track never paused and you received the sound (or vibrate) notification allowing you to Alt-Esc to the Message screen.

I called TMO and they were able to recreate my problem on their test 8100. As such, they escalated to RIM, opened a case and I worked with one of their support people. As per RIM's requirements, the phone is supposed to:

When a call is received: pause the music and then resume after a call is ignored or answered
    When a data event is received: play the sound notification (ringer) while the music is playing

After a complete wipe of my device and a fresh load of .107, my phone functions properly*. I put an asterick there because since upgrading from .64, the call ringers only play through the speaker when I have a earpiece in. The TMO guy tried to tell me that this is how it's always been, but this simply isn't true. Firmware .64's functionality made the most sense and played ringers through the earpiece and silenced the speaker. Seems practically, doesn't it?

I wonder if enough of us called our carriers, that RIM would get the hint and put this functionality back the way it once was.

Jaybop no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok.. so now I really don't get it. My Pearl has seemed to have fixed itself completely.. I am still running .107, but now it behaves like I have .64 installed.

- All ringers come through the earpiece
    - The music pauses only when I am receiving a phone call

Crazy..

I wonder how long it'll stay like this..
    - Ja(ce)son

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Well oddly enough I had my BT headset on and I got a SMS n the ringtone played thru my headset, then I called myself n heard my ringtone thru it as well. When I closed the BT connection I had no sound n had 2 do a battery pull.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12