Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

I've just upgraded to TMO v 103. When I'm listening to MP3's on the media ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    philo's Avatar
    philo no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    23f36721
    Posts
    20

    Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    Advertisement



    I've just upgraded to TMO v 103.

    When I'm listening to MP3's on the media player, when a call comes in, it does not cut into the audio I'm listening to and the phone only rings through the speaker - only so I'm missing calls.

    On v .64 the media player would pause and route the call through the headset, including the ring.

    Is this a new 'feature' or is there a setting somewhere for it?

    Thanks

    Philo

  2. #2
    b_d0za's Avatar
    b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    314

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    I just tested it out by calling myself from my home phone.

    It paused the music until I hung up then it started playing again. I didn't change any settings.

    I was about to be mad if it didn't work right because I just upgraded a few days ago.

    Maybe try pulling your battery out for a minute.

  3. #3
    zjfarmer's Avatar
    zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    366

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    I am really wondering about 103. There seems to be a lot of issues that have come up with it. I have upgraded and I have other issues than those listed, but I wonder when this will happen to me. It may be time to go back to 101 for me.
    -- ZJ

    "If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

  4. #4
    philo's Avatar
    philo no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    23f36721
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    I
    It paused the music until I hung up then it started playing again.
    .
    Mine pauses the music once I have answered the phone.

    The problem is, it used to pause the music and play the ringtone through the headset so I knew I had an incoming call - since 103 it doesn't pause the music - it just keeps playing and the ringtone is played only on the phone speaker, not the headset so, because I am listening to the music, I don't hear my phone ringing.

    Worked fine under 64 - is it easy to revert?

    Philo

  5. #5
    Bacardiman253's Avatar
    Bacardiman253 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    Bump:

    Im having the same problem with the .107 and I did with .103 too. Anyone know how I can get it to ring through the headsets?

  6. #6
    Notorious170's Avatar
    Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    190

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    DISCLAIMER-I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS PHONE
    with that being said, on my current phone (nextel 1275) there is an option when using the headset for the phone to ring on both the headset and the phone, or just the phone only. maybe the pearl has this option also?

  7. #7
    Bacardiman253's Avatar
    Bacardiman253 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    I've looked and can't find anything.

  8. #8
    GaryF's Avatar
    GaryF no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,432

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    I just tested this running .107. While listening to music on the headset when a call comes in the music pauses and the ring tone play through the speaker - seems strange that it is not thru the headset but it did stop the music.
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist
    The Shark Tank

  9. #9
    Shel's Avatar
    Shel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    309

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    Quote Originally Posted by philo

    The problem is, it used to pause the music and play the ringtone through the headset so I knew I had an incoming call - since 103 it doesn't pause the music - it just keeps playing and the ringtone is played only on the phone speaker, not the headset so, because I am listening to the music, I don't hear my phone ringing.


    Philo
    Just tested mine, with OS .103.

    When a call comes in, my music pauses, but the ringtone comes out through the phones speaker, not my headset... not a big deal, because the fact that the music stopped should tip me off that there's a call coming in, even if I don't hear the ring tone.

    Not sure why yours isn't working the same. I also can't remember if it worked differently on OS .64, which I was on previouisly.

    It also continues my music once I hang up the call.

    There's a new MP3 player, and they just added passing calls though while listening to MP3's... you might give that program a try (it's free, and is SLICK.. even has play lists and shuffle play, add to play list, etc.)

    It's called x-Player, and if you want to give it a try, here's the link:

    OTA Link: wap.x-berrysoft.com

  10. #10
    Bacardiman253's Avatar
    Bacardiman253 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    Quote Originally Posted by Shel
    Just tested mine, with OS .103.

    When a call comes in, my music pauses, but the ringtone comes out through the phones speaker, not my headset... not a big deal, because the fact that the music stopped should tip me off that there's a call coming in, even if I don't hear the ring tone.

    Not sure why yours isn't working the same. I also can't remember if it worked differently on OS .64, which I was on previouisly.

    It also continues my music once I hang up the call.

    There's a new MP3 player, and they just added passing calls though while listening to MP3's... you might give that program a try (it's free, and is SLICK.. even has play lists and shuffle play, add to play list, etc.)

    It's called x-Player, and if you want to give it a try, here's the link:

    OTA Link: wap.x-berrysoft.com
    I gave that a try but it doesn't let me click the button on my earphones or the top button on the phone to mute the music. It also only lets me add track by track to the playlist instead of selection all and adding it. All I want is for the persons custom phone tune to play through my earphones when they call so I know who is calling when im working because I can't reach in my phone and grab it out when my hands are dirty plus I can't hardly hear the tune when its in my pocket. It worked fine with the original OS I had.

  11. #11
    b_d0za's Avatar
    b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    314

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    Mine never rang through the headset. It always rang through the speakerphone speaker even with the headset hooked up.

    I've used tmo .64, .103, .107 and cingular .71 I think it was.

  12. #12
    Bacardiman253's Avatar
    Bacardiman253 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    Mine never rang through the headset. It always rang through the speakerphone speaker even with the headset hooked up.

    I've used tmo .64, .103, .107 and cingular .71 I think it was.
    Mine always did but ever since I got my replacement phone last week it doesn't. It really sucks because that was my favorite feature. I like to listen to music when I work and my job is dirty so I always knew who was calling me through the earphones and I would just press the button on the earphones to answer the call.

    Can someone tell me if it still works with .64 and if so I think im gonna roll back for it.

  13. #13
    DaBlackPearl's Avatar
    DaBlackPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    23E4F2FD
    Posts
    290

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    I'm using .107, and my MP3 player always stopped when I got an incoming call. I'm not sure whether the ringer came through the earipece or the handset speaker.

    Which reminds me...I need a new earpiece for my BB.

  14. #14
    Bacardiman253's Avatar
    Bacardiman253 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    Quote Originally Posted by DaBlackPearl
    I'm using .107, and my MP3 player always stopped when I got an incoming call. I'm not sure whether the ringer came through the earipece or the handset speaker.

    Which reminds me...I need a new earpiece for my BB.
    Yeah it stops but it don't ring through the earphones anymore.

    I need help!

  15. #15
    Bacardiman253's Avatar
    Bacardiman253 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7

    Re: Receiving calls while listening to MP3s

    Bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •