ive had my pearl for a few years and was thinking of rebuilding it,anyone done ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

johnb51780 no está en línea Stack level 3

rebuild my pearl?

Advertisement

ive had my pearl for a few years and was thinking of rebuilding it,anyone done this and were is the best place to get parts

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Actually re-built a pearl for a friend that she bought off craigslist. She got the housing from ebay, but I like cnn.cn, awesome site, and super fast shipping from Hong Kong. They also have dis-assembly videos as well to reference.

Zaslav no está en línea Stack level 1
    How difficult is it? From what I've heard its pretty tough.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Actually re-built a pearl for a friend that she bought off craigslist. She got the housing from ebay, but I like cnn.cn, awesome site, and super fast shipping from Hong Kong. They also have dis-assembly videos as well to reference.
    I agree that cnn.cn is a great site by my experience with them did not include fast shipping. I found it a little slow but worth the wait as far as prices go.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaslav View Post
    How difficult is it? From what I've heard its pretty tough.

I don't think its that hard. Try to be very careful, and if you feel uncomfortable, STOP, before something gets broken.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    It's not very hard, I bought Side Rails for my pearl a while back after horrible scratching the original ones. The hardest part (IMO) is taking off the the bottom cover, but after that, the rest was easy.....you can find plenty of YouTube videos that take you step by step.....good luck!

Zaslav no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have no reason to do it other than trying to do a 2 tone pearl. Hahaha I know its lame but whatever I'm gonna give it a try. LOL

xscotticusx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I have a black pearl with red and white keys. Awesome combo.
    Not lame at all.I've come to be able to replace my casings and all exterior parts within 3 min or so. Be careful not to strip your screw heads.... Really sucks...
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

krislo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah its not so hard. I don't remember where I got my new housing from but the sent me the tools and everything that I needed. I watched a video on youtube how to do it and just followed the instructions. Beeshabo was right taking off the bottom is the hardest.its real fun to do tho.
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.55 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    recently changed the housing and trackball on my Flip. Then took apart my old 8100 just to see how. Not that hard. Especially when compared to the Flip
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile