I have had several issues with my Pearl since getting a couple of weeks ago. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

easyshot no está en línea Stack level 1

Reboot issue

Advertisement

I have had several issues with my Pearl since getting a couple of weeks ago. The first issue I had was the text messages dissappearing and call logs dissappearing. I have gotten past that issue I think. But now I have 2 new issues. One the pearl reboots all the time and second (a new twist) it will reboot and then not come back up. Only the red LED flashes until I take the battery out and reinsert it. Sometime it reboots fine other time just the red LED flashing. I have had a 7290 for an entire year without having a single issue, and then to have a pearl and immediately have a host of issues is very disconcerting. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

Re: Reboot issue

I know the text message and call logs dissaperaing is ur bb runnin low on memory so u do a memory pull every couple of days and it should fix it. Not sure the battery thing. I would call my mobile company and get talk to a BB technician. I called tmobile when i had a problem with my bb after waitin for bout an hour they trasfered me to a BB technician who knew what he was talkin about so i would recommend it. Let us know how it goes

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack easyshot. You could try to reinstall the OS and see if that helps. What version OS are you using?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

easyshot, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Easyshot. Let us know how you make out with this.

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Dude, I thought I was the only one with the reboot issue. My old bb rebooted like 20+ times per day, pissed the hell out of me. I just called up Tmobile and told them all the issues, they tried a few things out, but eventually just sent me another one. And believe me, I tried everything. I completely formatted my bb (A couple of times with JL_cmd) and tried all the software version releases, I think its a hardware issue.

Thanks for the welcomes. I spent about an hour on the phone with Cingular on Friday. After getting some info off the phone and pulling the battery a couple of times they are sending me a new pearl. Unfortunatley they didn't share any related issues or reasons for why I was having all the issue, besides it was just defective. I just hope it isn't a pearl issue, I was beginning to really like the phone and it is so much faster than my 7290.

Also I did reload the OS and was running the 69 OS. Still no help.

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

i had a similar problem i was on the bus the other day and my phone vibrate i thought i was getting a call but when i look at it it turns off and the led turns red idk that was the only time it happened